howdy GIF

Welcome to R2R!!!

Maxout

Fish Think Pink

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Welcome!
So I love ALMOST everything about this hobby. Unfortunately I got talked into buying a tank for my house that was a bit too big for me and the structural integrity of my house.

My first tank WOULD have been a 120 gallon RR aqueon complete with everything I needed. But once filled up, I could see the beams I placed it on have some issues. I decided to go smaller. So now I'm in the midst of looking for something probably 60 gallons or less even a nano tank. Hoping to get a lot of good ideas from the forum, even a bit of helpful advice.

Hopefully I can offload the tank on a reasonable amount of time and get back into the hobby. It's nice to meet everyone!

Yes, water is heavy. If you have basement below and access to beams, there is structural supports you can add from local home improvement store that will help with floor (and presumably bounce & squeaks) even if you stay with smaller tank size(s). Best to be safe than sorry down the road. Looking forwarding to hearing about your future successes!

Aquarium Specialty - dry goods & marine livestock

Have you ever had a Angelfish in your reef tank?

• Yes and it was a model citizen (tell us which one)

Votes: 107 31.5%
  • Yes but it did nip from time to time

Votes: 51 15.0%
  • Yes but I had to remove it because it went rogue

Votes: 27 7.9%
  • No but I would like to try one

Votes: 95 27.9%
  • No and not interested

Votes: 47 13.8%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 13 3.8%
AF