Reaction score
howdy GIF

Welcome to R2R!!!

Aquarium Specialty - dry goods & marine livestock

Fish Think Pink

View Badges
Reaction score
Welcome!
So I love ALMOST everything about this hobby. Unfortunately I got talked into buying a tank for my house that was a bit too big for me and the structural integrity of my house.

My first tank WOULD have been a 120 gallon RR aqueon complete with everything I needed. But once filled up, I could see the beams I placed it on have some issues. I decided to go smaller. So now I'm in the midst of looking for something probably 60 gallons or less even a nano tank. Hoping to get a lot of good ideas from the forum, even a bit of helpful advice.

Hopefully I can offload the tank on a reasonable amount of time and get back into the hobby. It's nice to meet everyone!

Yes, water is heavy. If you have basement below and access to beams, there is structural supports you can add from local home improvement store that will help with floor (and presumably bounce & squeaks) even if you stay with smaller tank size(s). Best to be safe than sorry down the road. Looking forwarding to hearing about your future successes!

Orphek OR3 reef aquarium LED lighting

Are your corals ever subjected to the open air with no water for water changes or tank maintenance?

• Yes and I wish I had planned my aquascape better

Votes: 28 11.8%
  • Yes even though I planned my aquascape for the possibilty

Votes: 68 28.6%
  • No as I planned for this not to happen

Votes: 60 25.2%
  • No not yet and I haven't planned for it

Votes: 64 26.9%
  • Other (please explain in the thread)

Votes: 18 7.6%
Biota Marine Life