HI Flame wrasse Flashing update...

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this is the first time I saw him sorta chase the female around... kinda cool... his colors were very intense... I just wished he did it under normal lighting... lighting in the vid is (1) ATI Blue + and (1) 22k AquaScience T5 bulbs (considered my actinics only)... he normally starts flashing every night about 30 mins before the main lights turn off around 10 pm... then, when the actinics turn on, he goes to another level of flashing... can't wait to add a few more females... :)

[youtube]7iXfiDyt8tU[/youtube]

Sikryd

hmm...Sweet!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is COOL!
(Typical guy - chasing the women around before bed! lol)
I just called one of my local guys out here this morning. He's getting in some next week. Hopefully I can get a nice group of them.

OP
OP
MarvinsReef

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Gary... :)

Chad, good luck with your future harem... I'll be pickin' up a few more females soon... :)

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
He is awesome Marv!

ahayes13

In a reefin' haze
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
cool video ! so which did you add first the female or male? or did you add at the same time?

OP
OP
MarvinsReef

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He is awesome Marv!
Thanks Rev... :)

cool video ! so which did you add first the female or male? or did you add at the same time?
Thank you... the male went in first, then added 2 females but one of the females didn't make it... this pair have been together for about 10 months now... the male I've had since summer last year, if I remember correctly... :)

tc269

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im in miami trick !! great song to go with that vid!

OP
OP
MarvinsReef

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im in miami trick !! great song to go with that vid!
when I'm working on the tank, I normally have the radio on and it's better to have the music background rather than the pumps and the dehumidifier as backgrounds... :hammer: so whatever song that's on, that's the song my fishes dance to... LoLz... anyway, thanks for stopping by... :)

detguy123

I'm a pain in the wrasse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
great video marvin...love the new tank...this is very coomon for fairy wrasses to display thier colors like that when the actincs are on and right before the lights go out...mine did the all the time...about 30 to 40 minutes before the actincs came on they would display some times 5 or six of my wrasses doing it!!! and when the actincs come on the would go to another level..but the alos do this in the wild when it starts to get dark they display to the females...mine also did it alot first thing in the morning when my actincs first come on...they would be out swiming about a hour before the lights come on and the would go at it with the actincs on...my flasher did it more in the morning but that laboutei would go nuts in the morning with my lineatus...but great videos...i hope you enjoy more moments like that

OP
OP
MarvinsReef

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
great video marvin...love the new tank...this is very coomon for fairy wrasses to display thier colors like that when the actincs are on and right before the lights go out...mine did the all the time...about 30 to 40 minutes before the actincs came on they would display some times 5 or six of my wrasses doing it!!! and when the actincs come on the would go to another level..but the alos do this in the wild when it starts to get dark they display to the females...mine also did it alot first thing in the morning when my actincs first come on...they would be out swiming about a hour before the lights come on and the would go at it with the actincs on...my flasher did it more in the morning but that laboutei would go nuts in the morning with my lineatus...but great videos...i hope you enjoy more moments like that
thanks man... when I get more females, it'll be sa-weet!!! I hope they'll feel more at home... ;)

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 76 44.4%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 79 46.2%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 16 9.4%
Back