Hi from Bay Area

vissen319

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

I am Vissen and am new to this forum. My wife and I were into planted freshwater tanks (had several tanks from 10 gal to 55 gal) but I always wanted to get into marine tanks. The marine tanks are awesome to look at, and I feel that the fish are more interacting.

I am considering the biocube or an aquatop - recife eco aquarium kit. They are both close to 40 gal. I am on a budget (not so good in this hobby) and I plan to start with some live rocks and some clownfish before moving on to a bigger tank (60 gal or so) in the future. For now, I think the 40 gal is more than enough for my needs.

Does anyone have any feedback on this? i noticed some build threads with aquatop, and they look fine to me.

Thank you all.

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to R2R!!!

Clownfish.gif

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You'll probably save money in the long run if you just get the 60 now, so get a 75!! :p

Sorry no experience with that specific brand.
^My thoughts precisely! ^
Sorry, I don't have a brand preference or experience with either.

Welcome to Reef2Reef!

ShepherdReefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

I am Vissen and am new to this forum. My wife and I were into planted freshwater tanks (had several tanks from 10 gal to 55 gal) but I always wanted to get into marine tanks. The marine tanks are awesome to look at, and I feel that the fish are more interacting.

I am considering the biocube or an aquatop - recife eco aquarium kit. They are both close to 40 gal. I am on a budget (not so good in this hobby) and I plan to start with some live rocks and some clownfish before moving on to a bigger tank (60 gal or so) in the future. For now, I think the 40 gal is more than enough for my needs.

Does anyone have any feedback on this? i noticed some build threads with aquatop, and they look fine to me.

Thank you all.

Hello and welcome to the channel. Glad you joined

eag

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome from Bay Area!

40 gallons is plenty :) bigger is nice because there's more space and your fish options are better, but I've got a system about this size and if you're interested in corals, it's plenty large.

Bay Area often means space restriction, and while I'm not sure what all is necessary for fresh water, I can tell you that water changes on a 40 gallon system is plenty enough to deal with if you have limited space.

Alex Cataldo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

Thank you all.
The bio cube is ok for a fish-only but if you want coral I would go with a 60 gallon. I started with a bio cube so I completely understand.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 53 85.5%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 4 6.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 4.8%
Back