Hi from Turkey...

mmoner

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Helo iam a reef newbie from Turkey..Is there anybody in there?

Last edited:

Akwarius

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R, mmoner! Not many people on the boards in the USA at this hour except for those of us burning the midnight oil. Please feel free to give us a little background about how you got into the hobby, the type of reef that you keep, and post plenty of pictures.

fsu1dolfan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef...there are plenty of people here!! So what brings you here...do you have a tank??

FishLipz

Cheap and Easy Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the group. I always love seeing how things are being done away from the states.

OP
OP
mmoner

mmoner

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for welcome and good morning :),
Well im in salt water for two years now, i have been in the aquarium hobby since my childhood, (last freshwater tank was an amazon biotope)...
I had 82 lt. beginner nano tank for 1.5 years, recently i have transferred the bioload to a 240 lt. intermediate tank...
My tank blog is on the adress in my profile, in Turkish though...

As far as seen from here, reefkeeping is a total industry there in USA, even European brands are more focused on States...It is not that popular in my country, still seen as one of the most expensive hobby after Formula 1 racing...But there are many tank keepers both famous on forums and hidden somewhere offline...but we dont have such huge communities, most famous forum has 6300 members, as i say before there are many more who keep their tanks for themselves...

Last edited:

sf_ramsden

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While I don't read Turkish at all, I had no problem looking at your pictures. Tank looks great! Keep up the hard work, and let us know if you have any questions.

OP
OP
mmoner

mmoner

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While I don't read Turkish at all, I had no problem looking at your pictures. Tank looks great! Keep up the hard work, and let us know if you have any questions.

Thank you Scott, yet i am still learning...there are many threads in many forums that some helpfull and some just dont make sense, so i keep looking to find my own way...

stylaster

Reefer since '90
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice tank, since you live somewhat closer to the red sea, can you collect fish and coral from there for your tank?

OP
OP
mmoner

mmoner

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lol RedSea actually is not in our seaborders, there is Mediterrenian Sea, the Suez Canal then...Red Sea..

But there are some serious imports from there more often....Usually we have imports from Redsea, Indonesia, Australia...

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to R2R!!

fsu1dolfan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for welcome and good morning :),
Well im in salt water for two years now, i have been in the aquarium hobby since my childhood, (last freshwater tank was an amazon biotope)...
I had 82 lt. beginner nano tank for 1.5 years, recently i have transferred the bioload to a 240 lt. intermediate tank...
My tank blog is on the adress in my profile, in Turkish though...

As far as seen from here, reefkeeping is a total industry there in USA, even European brands are more focused on States...It is not that popular in my country, still seen as one of the most expensive hobby after Formula 1 racing...But there are many tank keepers both famous on forums and hidden somewhere offline...but we dont have such huge communities, most famous forum has 6300 members, as i say before there are many more who keep their tanks for themselves...

Wow close to formula 1 racing as an expensive hobby...thats nuts. How much do corals and fish run you over there??

OP
OP
mmoner

mmoner

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well i mean its of course not even close to it but they say so...an s size acro : like $100, or a middle clam is like $263 here...

But the most of the money spent to unique or quality equipment which we have to pay extra shipment and taxes...so most of us go for DIY instead of buying...sometimes DIY costs more than the brand..:)

It's all about the money u know..:angel:

Akwarius

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well i mean its of course not even close to it but they say so...an s size acro : like $100, or a middle clam is like $263 here...

But the most of the money spent to unique or quality equipment which we have to pay extra shipment and taxes...so most of us go for DIY instead of buying...sometimes DIY costs more than the brand..:)

Medium sized clams are $263!!! Is aquaculture popular where you are from?

fsu1dolfan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Wow those are some serious prices...and i thought things were expensive here LOL. Glad to here you at least DIY.

Akwarius

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lots of DIYers in Turkey huh? I bet people come up with some crazy looking builds. Home-made skimmers and the like.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 86 76.1%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 13 11.5%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 7.1%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back