HI! New to R2F and saltwater tanks -nano- ¿suggestions?

averytanky

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi! I've started up my nano tank, 10g (fish only) about a month ago, it has cycled, and it looking well, a levels are good.

Before this tank I had a tiny 2.5 saltwater did so well for a little over a year, but then someone in my household cracked the glass, and I recently had to emergency transfer my clownfish from the 2.5 into my 10.

He's been in there 2 weeks now and seems fine! i also have 1 algae blenny in there, and one red legged hermit. I also recently added a heater for my clown (the water was always around an acceptable temp, but on the lower side) and he's even more happy, swimming all over the tank instead of only in one small corner

Im currently using a Power filter 10, and its a little too big for my opinion, looks all like all the movement could bother my fish, but maybe thats just me.

SO!/
Can anyone give me any suggestions on 1 more fish i could add that would do well with these two (and is generally hardy, as I am still new) PS. I don't plan to add it anytime soon, just asking for the future.

20706772_10213075252731607_1113265060_n (1).jpg

ngoodermuth

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R! I'd suggest maybe a firefish and a few small barnacle blennies for those cool barnacles you have ;)

OP
OP
averytanky

averytanky

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R! I'd suggest maybe a firefish and a few small barnacle blennies for those cool barnacles you have ;)

Thank you! I have one algae blenny in there (that I caught myself out on a reef at the beach in my neighborhood!) and when I tried to add another they fought. He must be a very territorial guy.

OP
OP
averytanky

averytanky

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do you guys think about adding a Banggaii cardinalfish ?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 16 69.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 4.3%
Back