Hi

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome home, you will love it here!

Tell us about you- any tanks? Future plans? :)

OP
OP
E

enveeRF

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome home, you will love it here!

Tell us about you- any tanks? Future plans? :)

I've had plenty of freshwater tanks, every since I was a tiny kid, my father was a huge fan and kept a large tank. I got my first 10 gallon tank as soon as I could afford one, and i've been hooked ever since. Figured it's time to move into the reef hobby, so I am starting to plan out my first reef from scratch. It's very exciting.

dbl

It Takes Less Energy to be Nice
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had plenty of freshwater tanks, every since I was a tiny kid, my father was a huge fan and kept a large tank. I got my first 10 gallon tank as soon as I could afford one, and i've been hooked ever since. Figured it's time to move into the reef hobby, so I am starting to plan out my first reef from scratch. It's very exciting.
Well congrats! Great link for reading above. Keep us posted with your build! :)

kireek

PLANESWALKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
*Welcome to Reef2Reef @enveeRF !*

1496077152511.jpg

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hi! Looking forward to seeing your tank.

OP
OP
E

enveeRF

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So change of plans, I am not building a reef yet (but it's all good, it gives me a ton more time to plan out my ideal tank).

Btw guys when I said "I am starting to plan out my first reef from scratch", I meant a reef, reef, huge tank, lots of live rock, lots of coral of all different varieties and colors. But I am not new to saltwater. I had a few FOWLR tanks in the past, kinda miss those and might set up another one, and I have a small, but very proud coral collection.

Although my reef plans are on hold due to a more then likely move in the near future, the planning is still in progress. I came across a photo of a public aquarium reef a while ago, which I now regret for not saving, which looked like a cave with reef on both sides, with the most gorgeous underwater sunset in the middle. So here what's I am planning with right now:
  • Deep dimension tank, possibly even a cube, but would rather have something along the lines of 6x3
  • Pukani, cur on a band saw, that I can stack into a very intricate cave and glue to the glass. Overall tank itself will be very open as all rock will be on black/side glass
  • Separate LED strip that will go behind the rear glass of the tank, in addition to the overall lights on top, that will only simulate the sunset mode
This is a tank that might show up in the wild in 2018 - so any feedback is welcome guys.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 45 41.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 23 21.1%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 38 34.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back