SBB Corals

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Hi guys after 3 years I feel like this tank is decent enough and need to start a new tank... I set up a new 120 Gallon Display tank with some bonsai tree Rock work and plan to select some frags from the main display for this new tenuis grow out. its going to be a long journey replicating the main system parameters and growing the selected frags out. I am also excited to see how the radian g5s compare to the g4s. In the current tank they are grown using the g4s and the new tank will be the g5s.

6.jpg

8.jpg

7.jpg

5.jpg

ZgPF2HJ4.jpeg

3.jpeg

1.jpeg

4.jpeg
5.jpeg
6.jpeg
7.jpeg
8.jpeg
9.jpeg
10.jpeg
11.jpeg
12.jpeg
13.jpeg
14.jpeg
2.jpeg

1.jpeg

jI6qLVjU.jpeg

ES5tR27w.jpeg

pB_5euFo.jpeg

teMefT6A.jpeg

1.jpeg

2.jpeg

hoarder.jpg

full tank.jpg

Below is the new 120 Gallon Display tank with the Bonsai Tree branches. this is the tank that will get the new frah cutting. Will be fun to see them grow and crust onto the branches :)

jungle.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
SBB Corals

SBB Corals

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
This looks great - just purchased a 120 as well. Pretty excited to get it started, what you gonna use for flow? Your scapes looking awesome as well
For flow i will use 4 Ecotech mp40s and have them running all different schedules and intensities throughout the date to have a contanstat changing environment. Ill post some of the schedule pictures once i get the Pumps and Install them. there will be 2 up top and 2 below. :)

OP
OP
SBB Corals

SBB Corals

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
How do you actually keep all those snails fed? Seems like a ton in your tanks

Nice grow outs.
I tend to keep a very high Nutrient tank. I like my no3 between 16 and 30 and po4 between .04 and 08 so the snails are well fed by all the algae that grows. If i take all the snails out i would just have A green tank with Algae covered everywhere its amazing how much the snails eat.

Here is a video of when the tank was cycling and I just got the snails.. they literally cleaned the whole tank- now they just eat and keep the new alage from coming back

Last edited:

Reefer40b

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tend to keep a very high Nutrient tank. I like my no3 between 16 and 30 and po4 between .04 and 08 so the snails are well fed by all the algae that grows. If i take all the snails out i would just have A green tank with Algae covered everywhere its amazing how much the snails eat.
Tenuis do love them nutrients! Do you get those numbers by dosing N/P or just by the foods you feed?

OP
OP
SBB Corals

SBB Corals

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Tenuis do love them nutrients! Do you get those numbers by dosing N/P or just by the foods you feed?

That is a great question and thanks for asking :) I dose no3 using neonitro and neophose. I’m up to dosing 125ML neonitro and 40 ML neophos on my 560 gallon system that is the system with the 180 display from above. IMO you should never feed heavy just to get these numbers up. your tank will get way to dirty. I actually feed a very specific way using American Reef HPD in order to control the no3 and po4 bringing those down to virtually 0. and then i control them and bring them back up via the dosing.....

OP
OP
SBB Corals

SBB Corals

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Here is one of the mother colonies I plan to frag for the new 120 grow out ..it will be interesting to watch a small frag growup and crust over the branch rockwork :)not the best quality video but I didn't want to disturb the polyps.

Last edited:

Wasabi

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys after 3 years I feel like this tank is decent enough and need to start a new tank... I set up a new 120 Gallon Display tank with some bonsai tree Rock work and plan to select some frags from the main display for this new tenuis grow out. its going to be a long journey replicating the main system parameters and growing the selected frags out. I am also excited to see how the radian g5s compare to the g4s. In the current tank they are grown using the g4s and the new tank will be the g5s.

hoarder.jpg

full tank.jpg

jungle.jpg
teach me how to be as successful as you !

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 68 52.3%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 67 51.5%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 33 25.4%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back