HIPPO TANG ICH TREATMENT

bet

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 20, 2017
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
What state or country do you live in
Connecticut
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased a hippo tang yesterday who was doing well originally. However, today I noticed some white spots (clearly not sand) on the side of the tang. The tang is still eating algae off my live rock, flake food w/ garlic, and mysis shrimp. I have read that attempting to catch hippo tangs to treat them for ich does more harm than good, I was wondering if other members have experience with treating hippo tangs. My ammonia is at zero, my nitrates are at zero, my salinity is 1.024, tank size: 75 gallon mixed reef. I did a slight water change today, however, I do water changes once every two weeks, and have never had a fish with ich before today. I am curious as to what members would recommend for treatment.
 
Can you post photos of the tang showing the white spots? So we can determine if this is ich or velvet you are dealing with.

Also, do you have a QT or can you set one up?
 
Can you post photos of the tang showing the white spots? So we can determine if this is ich or velvet you are dealing with.

Also, do you have a QT or can you set one up?

I do not have pics at the moment, I am 99% certain it is ich. I do not have a QT running, but can setup one.
 
^^ agreed. Hippo tangs are not that difficult to treat honestly. They will sometimes develop HLLE during copper treatment, but it can usually be reversed with vitamins and good water quality.... especially once the copper treatment is over. All the fish will need treatment as humble said.
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 12 34.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 17 48.6%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 8.6%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 11 31.4%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 11.4%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 16 45.7%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 9 25.7%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new