Hippo Tang in QT

Davar93

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 6, 2020
Messages
35
Reaction score
17
Location
canada
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone! I got a hippo tang in qt in copper. Wondering anyone advise against that? I heard of some of these guys getting HLLE from it?
It’s eating well and lot of Nori, also swimming around too.
Also I plan to do freshwater and Methylene blue dips.
 
I’ve had no issue. Having way to much carbon in the system was my only issue for hlle. Now I make my own home made fish food also helps
 
I’ve had no issue. Having way to much carbon in the system was my only issue for hlle. Now I make my own home made fish food also helps
What home made fish food? Yeah I read up on the carbon too. I am not using any in the QT atm just a hang on filter with a sponge that I clean out. I’m doing full water changes every few days.
 
So home made fish food. Right off selcons recipe including the selcon. Salmon scallops fresh shrimp and clams. I diced them all up than blended. Than soaked it all in selcon. Froze in a bag. My fish go insane for this and it didn’t cost much to make. I only give pellets and flakes now as a treat
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 25.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 25.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new