HITCHHIKER ?!

  • Thread starter Thread starter IDNTFU
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

IDNTFU

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
May 12, 2016
Messages
26
Reaction score
27
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, so I came home from work and turned my fuge light on and found this guy at the very top of my chaeto algae not sure if he was eating it or just wondering around, I was able to quickly suck him up before he would burry himself in the algae using my turkey baster I use for feeding. Looks to me like a nudy branch ?? He rolls up in a ball and seems to float when I put him in the cup and when I move the cup around he starts moving normally ? Also the little things around it when I dropped it in the cup look like eggs to me ? He left mucus residue on the baster ?
999590a9452321c0991b0e58a575491f.jpg
14645add2cd8e09e40495b9856c8b444.jpg
5f55e3d6baa2a7c8abd375d313cfd6c1.jpg
6262c65d245393de93dd916907243760.jpg
 
i think he drops those as a defensive mechanism, but to me it looks like a zoo eating nudi. i might be wrong though since there are several different nudi species.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 5.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 22 20.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 35 32.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 15 13.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 8 7.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new