HOB Refugium Recommendations for 45g Tank

Reefer37

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 30, 2019
Messages
364
Reaction score
157
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any recommendations on a decent HOB Refugium that isn't too big for a 45g tank?

I'm new to these, so not sure what all I need other than a grow light and the refugium.
 
Best deal I was able to find.

https://www.aquacave.com/aqua-fuge-2-hang-on-refugium-small-by-cpr-aquatic.html
The refugium is very well built and sturdy. I would recommend that you eventually get a new pump.
I went with a different light than what CPR offered.


^^^ Picked up a CPR medium sized fuge myself and have been happy with it. Allows me to keep Chaeto and pods in my LPS & Softy tank.

Also have to agree with going without the packaged light, I picked up a Tunze, as well as knowing I will replace the pump that comes pre-packaged with it, flow rate seems ok but adjustability and on occasion the rattle it seems to emit - leave a little to be desired.

Feel of the acrylic on the fuge is perfect though, as well as look. Good pick for a HoB IMO.
 
Best deal I was able to find.

https://www.aquacave.com/aqua-fuge-2-hang-on-refugium-small-by-cpr-aquatic.html
The refugium is very well built and sturdy. I would recommend that you eventually get a new pump.
I went with a different light than what CPR offered.
^^^ Picked up a CPR medium sized fuge myself and have been happy with it. Allows me to keep Chaeto and pods in my LPS & Softy tank.

Also have to agree with going without the packaged light, I picked up a Tunze, as well as knowing I will replace the pump that comes pre-packaged with it, flow rate seems ok but adjustability and on occasion the rattle it seems to emit - leave a little to be desired.

Feel of the acrylic on the fuge is perfect though, as well as look. Good pick for a HoB IMO.
Cool, thanks guys! I'll check em out.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 18 20.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 26 29.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 8.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new