eran

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love the Aquatic T5 Hybrid. So far so good and the fact that you can hook up with radions, hydras, ai primes and kessils is a plus! The only thing I didn't like was the power wire for T5s are on opposite ends of the fixture, but I was able to get an extension cord to make up for it.
They are releasing a new dimmable version they will allow the t5’s to be run on two separate channels and it appears that there is only one cord for the entire fixture!! Both channels will be able to be ran independently through a controller.

OP
OP
HollaAtChaReefBoy

HollaAtChaReefBoy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are releasing a new dimmable version they will allow the t5’s to be run on two separate channels and it appears that there is only one cord for the entire fixture!! Both channels will be able to be ran independently through a controller.
That sounds great!!! However, unless this fixture breaks down, I'm ok with this version since it's working. Looking forward to what it looks like and perform tho.

OP
OP
HollaAtChaReefBoy

HollaAtChaReefBoy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great looking stand. When you wrapped the cabinet did you use any extra 3M primer or sealer as recommended from the Amazon website or just peal the backing off and stick it to the wood panels? Also, how is it holding up now?

I didn't have to use a sealer or primer. The vinyl I bought was strong enough to adhere to stand just fine. Still approaching a year now, everything is in tact. Easy to clean with any water spill.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Nice stand after assembly !!

OP
OP
HollaAtChaReefBoy

HollaAtChaReefBoy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Red Sea Peninsula 650 beginning to look like a reef tank! Holla!
20190502_223640.jpeg

OP
OP
HollaAtChaReefBoy

HollaAtChaReefBoy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
excellent video man... thanks for sharing - for people like me who couldnt make it - really got a good view to see how it went.

tank is looking beautiful.

It was a great show, considering I have nothing else to compare it to. Nonetheless, the best part was to meet and see local reefers.

Bob Escher

Welcome to Saltwater
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just like the reef hobby itself, it will take patience and some redos, BUT it's doable. Once you get one thing wrapped, the rest is much smoother. Slow and patience is the key. This project took me around 12 to 14 hours total. I spread it out because it can be tideous and boring, which can lead to mistakes.
Very nice

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Great job on plumbing. Gotta love the Red sea systems!

Viner87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why do you have a 650 Peninsula against the wall?!

I don’t have room for a Peninsula style format, but also don’t like backgrounds or central weirs, so the 650 was perfect for what I wanted [emoji16]

OP
OP
HollaAtChaReefBoy

HollaAtChaReefBoy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Episode 8 is up! Going to demonstrate how to wrap a fish tank stand. Hope you enjoy the video and subscribe! I would greatly appreciate it! Happy reefing, happy life, and God bless you fellow reefers! Holla!

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 44 40.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 23 21.3%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 38 35.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back