Homewrecker's Goni Garden

I have same tank and that just seems like a crazzzzy amount of light . I had a red sea reefer 750 at one point with 3 xr30s lol . I only have 2 ai primes right now and it grows lps fine. I am planning to upgrade to a hybrid or reefbreeders once it all fills out however. Well at least you know you can grow anything lol. You will love the tank though, control board and clowns look good !!. Did you decide on skimmer? The pls 50 on mode went down to 99.99 just like the amazon counterparts now. Are you running double media baskets now?
Hi! I’m running dual media baskets right now. I’m not sure I want a skimmer yet/ which type I would buy. I really want to rig a macro algae reactor into this puppy but I know it’s asking for trouble lol
 
I just purchased a ext 50 to use as a frag system to compliment my ext 170 im also working on.
I will run 2 xr15 blues. I was going to do 3, as I have 5, from my previous build. 3 was way more than I needed based on par from my last system that was the same height.
Anyway you can always turn them down, lol.
I will be doing the same, turning them down, running 2 RB 50's, on the 170.
I am using T slot extrusions to mount them for anyone that does not like the rms mounts. You can use Tnuts and bolts to attatch it to the stand if you want.
Keep the pics commimg as I am curious as to what levels you will run the 30's at.
20240130_083228.jpg
I really like how this looks! If I had the tools to cut it I would have gone this route in black instead but the RMS was just easy(read: I might go back to the drawing board eventually…probably… soon haha)
I haven’t PAR mapped this tank but I’ll try to on Thursday/ Friday. Right now they’re at like 15%
 
General tank updates:
Bad news and badder news. I accidentally sent my CUC to my billing address aka 5 states away so I reordered. They should be here Thursday.
My yellow tangs arrived and were being fed at my LFS for me, I picked them up on Friday but the person that bagged them used a net that had been cleaned with bleach. All yellow tangs dead. I reordered a batch and they should be arriving tomorrow. I was so sad to see those babies die. It was heartbreaking :( this batch will go straight into the tank instead of sitting there for a couple weeks.

There’s a little mushroom and a monti cap in here that have been doing well. Thursday I’m bringing home a little green slimer and we will go from there.

The clownfish have laid eggs. Unfortunately this batch of eggs I’ll have to ignore but I plan to collect the fry at least one or two rounds and see what I can do with them.
 
I really like how this looks! If I had the tools to cut it I would have gone this route in black instead but the RMS was just easy(read: I might go back to the drawing board eventually…probably… soon haha)
I haven’t PAR mapped this tank but I’ll try to on Thursday/ Friday. Right now they’re at like 15%
I just had them cut to size when purchased. Did the same for behind the 170.
All I had to do was assemble.
20240107_153334.jpg
 
I just had them cut to size when purchased. Did the same for behind the 170.
All I had to do was assemble.
20240107_153334.jpg
Very nice! I see myself getting a larger IM tank in the next couple years when I settle into my new gig more
 
Congrats!! It’s such a nice tank! I’ve had it on my wishlist for years now :)
I only added these bc I had them laying around. Otherwise I prob would have only done 1-2 or 1 and some orphex bars
Well shoot you’ll be able to grow anything with those on it! My goal is to have a tank packed with SPS.
 
General tank updates:
Bad news and badder news. I accidentally sent my CUC to my billing address aka 5 states away so I reordered. They should be here Thursday.
My yellow tangs arrived and were being fed at my LFS for me, I picked them up on Friday but the person that bagged them used a net that had been cleaned with bleach. All yellow tangs dead. I reordered a batch and they should be arriving tomorrow. I was so sad to see those babies die. It was heartbreaking :( this batch will go straight into the tank instead of sitting there for a couple weeks.

There’s a little mushroom and a monti cap in here that have been doing well. Thursday I’m bringing home a little green slimer and we will go from there.

The clownfish have laid eggs. Unfortunately this batch of eggs I’ll have to ignore but I plan to collect the fry at least one or two rounds and see what I can do with them.
So sorry about your loss!
 
Gotta love Reef Cleaners! I got a bunch of nano cleaners


IMG_1568.jpeg


IMG_1567.jpeg
 
I caved and jumped on the Helio bandwagon. It’s nice!
IMG_1854.jpeg
 
General update, corals have been added to the tank. Including but not limited to
TCK Angry Birds(Supposedly same as RRC but its been debated for years)
JF Frankies Gumdrop Acro
Rainbow Goni
Japanese deep water leathers, two different types
WWC Grafted Cap
WWC Sunfire Grafted Cap
TSA Jester Insanity Torch
TSA Pandemic Favia
JF Yellow Submarine
TGC Favia of the gods
JF Anti Venom Favia
SC Orange Passion
WWC Defcon Cyphastrea
Gobstopper Zoa dupe
Death Star zoas
​

IMG_2691.jpg
IMG_2685.jpg
IMG_2694.jpg
IMG_2684.jpg

IMG_2701.jpg

IMG_2687.jpg
 
Last edited:
General update, corals have been added to the tank. Including but not limited to
TCK Angry Birds(Supposedly same as RRC but its been debated for years)
JF Frankies Gumdrop Acro
Rainbow Goni
Japanese deep water leathers, two different types
WWC Grafted Cap
WWC Sunfire Grafted Cap
TSA Jester Insanity Torch
TSA Pandemic Favia
JF Yellow Submarine
TGC Favia of the gods
JF Anti Venom Favia
SC Orange Passion
WWC Defcon Cyphastrea
Gobstopper Zoa dupe
Death Star zoas
​

IMG_2691.jpg
IMG_2685.jpg
IMG_2694.jpg
IMG_2684.jpg

IMG_2701.jpg

IMG_2687.jpg
Love all the new frags!
 
Round 2 was pretty successful guys! Better pics coming soon!
IMG_3234.JPG
 
Better picture update! I've been increasing my kalk dosage and lighting. pH is finally doing things :)

FTS 4/3/24
53631121470_38c3eafc01_c.jpg


WWC Defcon Cyphastrea
53630884268_45b7f70394_c.jpg


Unnamed Torch
53631013849_702ba13eb6_c.jpg


Holy Grail Micromussa
53630675296_e03e3c13e9_c.jpg


JF Frankies Gumdrop
53631121445_caec4d78c3_c.jpg


Grafted Cap
53631121440_fc97cfef4e_c.jpg


Sunfire Cap
53630884228_415b06be2d_c.jpg


TCK Angry Birds coloring up
53629783847_5c7ff23bfc_c.jpg


Neon Leather
53629783852_f37c441120_c.jpg


SCOP
53630675261_5a6b6e94e4_c.jpg


Slimer
53630884213_869806b5af_c.jpg
​
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 6 31.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new