Hoping someone can ID

  • Thread starter Thread starter ozmosis7
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

ozmosis7

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 15, 2014
Messages
205
Reaction score
6
Location
Chester County, PA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hope this is an okay place to put this. Ended up with an aiptasia and picked up a peppermint to battle it, as I was losing the battle with lemon juice/vinegar. That's when I noticed this new anemone looking thing. I tried to get a picture, but unfortunately my camera won't get me in close enough and I can't seem to get the white balance right. Anyway, I've circled it and will do my best to describe it. This anemone is a little smaller than a dime. It has a translucent body with sparse tiny white spots and a pinkish mouth area. There could be as many as a couple dozen tentacles each with a white dot at the end. Any helped anyone can provide would be awesome. Sorry for the poor pic quality. Working on it.
IMG_6707.jpg
 
Very hard to tell from the picture. From your description I'm thinking it's possibly a ball anemone. Google it and see if it resembles what you have. Hope this helps some
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 44.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new