Hoplolatilus luteus?

Northwest_Scapes_

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 20, 2020
Messages
730
Reaction score
1,036
Location
Seattle
What state or country do you live in
Washington
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've seen these guys pop on Divers Den pretty frequently lately (must be the time of year they're collected) they aren't that bad looking, and get about half an inch smaller than the Skunk Tiles i was considering. Does anyone have one / any experience with them? Are they similar to other Hopolatilus care wise? Thank you
 
They are pretty similar in care. They can be jumpy at first, but after they settle can be quite hardy. I wouldn't add them with other tilefish as I have found them to be a little pushy with congenerics.
 
They are pretty similar in care. They can be jumpy at first, but after they settle can be quite hardy. I wouldn't add them with other tilefish as I have found them to be a little pushy with congenerics.

Thank You! I'm planning on getting a small one and housing it in a 50 for now, and then moving it to a 100+ in about a year or two
 
That should be fine.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 3 4.5%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 26.9%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 28.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 9 13.4%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.0%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 10.4%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 6.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new