Hosting Anemone For Madagascar Clowns

  • Thread starter Thread starter Quah
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Quah

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 28, 2015
Messages
768
Reaction score
551
Location
Montana
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I recently purchased a pair of Madagascar clowns and would like to pair them to an anemone. I've read they pair with BTA's and LTA's does anyone have any first-hand experience?
 
A. latifasciatus?!? If so, S mertensii is the only natural symbiant.
 
You could try a LTA at least i think that is what this is
57-1.jpg
 
They are A. Latifasciatus. Ok, they might not get an anemone then. I don't want my other fish to be eaten. @Bob Loblaw Do you know where I can get some more info on them that goes beyond what I found on Wikipedia or Reefbuilders (I know both are questionable sources).
 
You could try a LTA at least i think that is what this is
57-1.jpg

I'd be willing to try an LTA I just dont want to put a nem in and then have to go fish it out if they don't take readily to it. I'd also prefer a sand dwelling anemone to rock dwelling anemone.
 
They are A. Latifasciatus. Ok, they might not get an anemone then. I don't want my other fish to be eaten. @Bob Loblaw Do you know where I can get some more info on them that goes beyond what I found on Wikipedia or Reefbuilders (I know both are questionable sources).
You shouldnt have a problem with an LTA ,Carpets are the ones that are predatory
 
They are A. Latifasciatus. Ok, they might not get an anemone then. I don't want my other fish to be eaten. @Bob Loblaw Do you know where I can get some more info on them that goes beyond what I found on Wikipedia or Reefbuilders (I know both are questionable sources).

The downside of having a rare clown lol. Searching the forums using the Latin name is likely your best bet. I know a couple of guys on RC had pairs at one point. Post up some pics if you get a chance.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new