Hot pink yuma problems

BHAMR6

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there some kind of problems with the bright pink yumas ive got several florida rics that i have had for about a yr no problems but i have got my hands on 3 different hot pink yumas and 2 died right off and the last one i got ive had for about 5 month and now it looks bad.

I didnt have these rics at the same time got one it died got another a few month later it died got this on from a friend he had one large one and 2 babies i got on of the babies been in my tank for about 5 months in the same place probably doubled in size since i got it great color. I had some rock fall in the tank and had to pull the rock out of the tank it was on but it went straight from the tank to a bucket with tank water in it then right back where it was .

Now to the sick ric its hot pink with a bright green mouth with a dark colored tissue under the pink but now the pink is still there its just a lighter color and the tissue under the pink has become transparent looking and the mushroom is alot smaller

Also the guy that i got these from has had them for a long time no problems until one day the large one just melted away and the other baby was gone within a week

Any ideas?

JR's Reef

Joey08
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The few yumas ive had Ive had to shade them a bit so they dont bleach. Good luck and hope it makes a come back.

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hot pink ones are notorious for doing that...They seem to be very sensitive to changes and stress. I have had 10+ that have done the same thing. I have had many other highly sought after yumas do that as well. So far those of us that collect yumas have had no way of curing them. Once they start to go they go. I have tried many dips, chemicals, antibiotics etc and have not saved a single one. Sucks to because they are my favorite coral and can't seem to get one to live past 1 month.....There many amny yuma collectors out there that have had the same issue....

Figuring out the why: Has your primary reason(s) for keeping a saltwater aquarium changed over time?

• My reasons for reef keeping have changed dramatically.

Votes: 13 9.6%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have somewhat evolved.

Votes: 58 42.6%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have no changed.

Votes: 64 47.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.7%
Back