Housing feather dusters in the overflow?

reefsamurai

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 24, 2021
Messages
193
Reaction score
204
Location
Nebraska
What state or country do you live in
Nebraska
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am curious if anyone has any success with the larger feather duster worms in the overflow boxes? I have an 220 with corner overflows so the boxes are quiet large and offer some nice viewing space. I have A large golden red(most likely magnifica) that is homed in the sump but I would like to be able to view it more easily and the overflow box is in plain viewing area.

My main concern would be getting enough food in the overflow before it's sucked into the sump. I have a few micro worms who live in the overflows that seem to be doing fine but no large colonies formed as of yet.

What would be the best method to make sure that there is enough suspended food for survival?
 
Just found 4 dusters coming out of my skimmer pump inlet screen. I didn't even know I had any, came from my live rock. The way I see it, the overflow would be full of food for the duster.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 33.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new