How do you deal with your lack of knowledge/experience?

Status
Not open for further replies.

joefishtank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need help because I buy coral I know nothing about. This time I was told “favia”. Idk what that means. Can you tell me everything you know about favia and I'll cross reference that with everything I know about knowing knowledge??

Lineatus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need help because I buy coral I know nothing about. This time I was told “favia”. Idk what that means. Can you tell me everything you know about favia and I'll cross reference that with everything I know about knowing knowledge??
You’ll learn far more, far quicker by just googling the care requirements of a coral than waiting on replies here.
I believe tidal gardens did a short video on favia, id start there :)

pshootr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Favia is an LPS Coral. As stated above, Tidal Gardens does have a pretty good outline for these types of corals. They generally require moderate lighting and Flow.

OP
OP
joefishtank

joefishtank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You’ll learn far more, far quicker by just googling the care requirements of a coral than waiting on replies here.
I believe tidal gardens did a short video on favia, id start there :)
I saw that video. My main take away was this: "Favia is a *******'s coral." I will only elaborate if you tell me how you deal with your lack of knowledge/experience. Not necessarily just in this hobby.

fish farmer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a book by Eric Borneman called Aquarium Corals. Sure...it's dated, but still has useful info on various corals and their care.

Some of the places I buy from have general care requirements listed with the item. I'll cross reference that info with info I read here or elsewhere.

Favia are considered an Atlantic only species now.

livinlifeinBKK

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you want to improve, be content to be thought foolish and stupid.
-Epictetus

This quote honestly sums it up. Ask any and all questions you may have regardless of what you think others will think of you. The knowledge you gain will far outweigh any judgement others may pass on your TEMPORARY lack of knowledge but if you refuse to ask questions or use other resources to learn you will avoid that judgement for the cost of knowledge. This is a great site to ask questions and learn from...I'm sure someone will chime in with an answer and you can message them is you have further questions...sorry if this isn't helpful in identifying your coral, i just saw the thread title and immediately remembered this quote.

OP
OP
joefishtank

joefishtank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In that video by tidal gardens he said its a Caribbean only species. My guess is this is a Australian or Indonesian species based on that's where coral are most common. I think a lot of things can be considered Favia.

sixty_reefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@joefishtank it sounds more that you are looking for a argument and not really any specific help, from looking at this thread and your previous thread.

OP
OP
joefishtank

joefishtank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@joefishtank it sounds more that you are looking for a argument and not really any specific help, from looking at this thread and your previous thread.
I 100% agree with you I really want to argue with you because you are right about the statement you just made. This is also not sarcasm. I thank you for your response and @joefishtank me.

This video is better than the video from Tidal Gardens:

sixty_reefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I 100% agree with you I really want to argue with you because you are right about the statement you just made. This is also not sarcasm. I thank you for your response and @joefishtank me.

This video is better than the video from Tidal Gardens:

With all due respect I will have to decline, I am all for constructive educated conversations and discussion, I don’t see any good outcome in just arguing.

OP
OP
joefishtank

joefishtank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With all due respect I will have to decline, I am all for constructive educated conversations and discussion, I don’t see any good outcome in just arguing.
I love arguing with stupid people. I'm sorry if you feel that way. I also enjoy talking in a positive way, I was just chilling this morning drinking my tea and I felt like giving you the opposite energy you directed toward me.

OP
OP
joefishtank

joefishtank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's the point of this thread exactly...?
Reef Aquarium Discussion while I drink my morning tea. I would have liked if a coral master came to this thread and was like well rookie let me teach you everything I know about that type of coral.

Also potentially a life lesson if you have no guidance in this world.

Widdlyscudds

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ITT doomer trolls the boomers.

troll dancing GIF

flashsmith

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love arguing with stupid people. I'm sorry if you feel that way. I also enjoy talking in a positive way, I was just chilling this morning drinking my tea and I felt like giving you the opposite energy you directed toward me.
Pretty much all you need to know about favia.. It's a beginner coral. It's very hardy. It grows very slow and it's very cheap because not a lot of long time hobbyists are into it. That should cover it for you...

OP
OP
joefishtank

joefishtank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pretty much all you need to know about favia.. It's a beginner coral. It's very hardy. It grows very slow and it's very cheap because not a lot of long time hobbyists are into it. That should cover it for you...
That's pretty boring....... You want to have an argument about overpriced coral names instead? We should also start talking about eating crabs for some reason.

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Weird convo. I'll just answer the title.

Read and read some more.

Sir Kon Salty Sox

Kind of a Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is no “secret” to favia…. Start it in mid flow, mid light… feed it… move it higher if you want after a bit…

it’s not rocket science :)

LiamPM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In that video by tidal gardens he said its a Caribbean only species. My guess is this is a Australian or Indonesian species based on that's where coral are most common. I think a lot of things can be considered Favia.
Yeah why not...........Today im also a Favia by that ruling

OP
OP
joefishtank

joefishtank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I still agree with you but I am stuck in a pointless argument at this moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back