How does my new aquascape look?

whitasm

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 11, 2022
Messages
162
Reaction score
39
Location
columbus
What state or country do you live in
Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Added a large rock on top as I could not remove my new anemones. Came together nicer than I thought it would and created the cave I’ve been looking for. Missing some on the left side to look more natural but let me know what y’all think and how I could make it better!!

599DD385-5227-4148-9985-232268167B8A.jpeg B11D0B19-BF40-4950-AF90-4E0F6A4AD7B3.jpeg EFD6ABDD-845C-450C-B01C-083E834DC4C7.jpeg
 
I think it looks good, and in my opinion wouldn’t add more. Having all that open sand is great when it comes time to clean. You have plenty of space for coral on the rocks. I’m building mine right now and I’m going with a negative space type of setup. Tall and long curved rocks with flat spots. Very little touching the base so there is a ton of room for flow and easy to clean.
 
I think it looks good, and in my opinion wouldn’t add more. Having all that open sand is great when it comes time to clean. You have plenty of space for coral on the rocks. I’m building mine right now and I’m going with a negative space type of setup. Tall and long curved rocks with flat spots. Very little touching the base so there is a ton of room for flow and easy to clean.
That’s how the past setup was before adding the rock and I loved how easy it was to clean. You can see it in the second picture. I guess we’ll see how cleaning time goes hahah. I agree with the open space, and I love the look of a clean bottom with corals on the rock.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 8 5.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 6.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 56 35.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new