• 4-5 years

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

thehammer1985

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I know this is a general question but I'm very curious what kind of experience we have here.
Please include how long,what got you started, and any interesting stuff that may help someone else out.

As for me it's been 9 years I started after I came back from Iraq. My buddy had a beautiful tank built into his wall and I started picking his brain. It has been a great hobby to help with certain issues after returning from combat.

For my words of wisdom which aren't many is don't start off cheap unplanned and just throw stuff together. Do your research , visit these forums, and read. Once you've found what youre looking for throw a plan together .

Wiz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Almost 10 years. Saw someone halfheartedly set one up and have some success. Gave me the courage I needed to tackle the dreaded reef. Lol
My advice is go big. If you are determined and not lazy about it, you will be successful. And eventually every successful reefer needs to upgrade!! ;-)

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 9 37.5%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 9 37.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 4.2%
Back