How long have you been obsessed

How long have you been reefing

  • Less than a year

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3-4 years

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4-5 years

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    4

thehammer1985

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 28, 2013
Messages
675
Reaction score
313
Location
westland michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I know this is a general question but I'm very curious what kind of experience we have here.
Please include how long,what got you started, and any interesting stuff that may help someone else out.

As for me it's been 9 years I started after I came back from Iraq. My buddy had a beautiful tank built into his wall and I started picking his brain. It has been a great hobby to help with certain issues after returning from combat.

For my words of wisdom which aren't many is don't start off cheap unplanned and just throw stuff together. Do your research , visit these forums, and read. Once you've found what youre looking for throw a plan together .
 
Almost 10 years. Saw someone halfheartedly set one up and have some success. Gave me the courage I needed to tackle the dreaded reef. Lol
My advice is go big. If you are determined and not lazy about it, you will be successful. And eventually every successful reefer needs to upgrade!! ;-)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 36.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 16.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new