How many radios gen6 pro

  • Thread starter Thread starter joe0813
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

joe0813

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 26, 2018
Messages
755
Reaction score
487
Location
Boston
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well looks like I'm light shopping for the first time since the gen 2s came out. Tank is 3ftx2ftx2ft will be mixed reef but mostly sps. Think I will be alright with 3 gen6 xr15s or should I just bite the 2000 dollar bullet and get 2 xr30s
 
Definetly the 2 x XR30! I keep punching myself for getting the 3 x XR15s.

So much so that I have now ordered 2 blades to fill in on the sides.
 
I miss when radions cost 750 .... thousand bucks a piece now hurts the wallet
 
I miss when radions cost 750 .... thousand bucks a piece now hurts the wallet
Here we go to “I miss when coral used to be $20” topic train… everything is expensive, just look at air travel. I used to fly to SF for $450, now it’s $1200.
 
Here we go to “I miss when coral used to be $20” topic train… everything is expensive, just look at air travel. I used to fly to SF for $450, now it’s $1200.
Yup we just took a cruise last week and the price was insane to what we paid for our last one.
 
Here is a comparison that I put together. If par is your #1 concern go with the Reefi. XR15 will be just fine from a par perspective and may provide superior shadow performance. As for XR30, 1 provides plenty of par, so you could start with 1, then in the future add a second and rotate them 90 for better shadow reduction (note there will be a lot of spill outside the tank in this setup)

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/comparison-reefi-uno-2-0-xr15-g6-xr30-g5.1010360/
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 11.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new