How many reefers also have freshwater tanks?

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FW snuggles
buddies.jpg
Wow you can see your Raphael too!
I thought mine was the only one…

Jedi1199

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have to ask... How did you get baby goldfish in your canister filter? :) Did you buy it used from someone with water still in it?

HAHA!! No, My 55g tank was a goldfish tank until I made the move to a mixed reef earlier this year. Check out my build thread and you will see.

Karen00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HAHA!! No, My 55g tank was a goldfish tank until I made the move to a mixed reef earlier this year. Check out my build thread and you will see.
LOL, now that makes sense! Haha. I will definitely check out your thread!

Lyss

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 10g FW that’s home to a trio of dwarf puffers. I had it first, and kept it after I set up the SW tank. I’m a plant person so the FW tank began as an extension of that — I started branching out into keeping and growing aquatic plants.

I honestly think I favor the SW tank now tho!

Karen00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Old pic of my Raphael cat:
CECE83B6-10BF-4955-8242-4D27B96278C0.jpeg

Just about the only one I can get
Wow, I have never seen this type before!! Beautiful!! I've been trying to get pics of my neon loaches but they're cryptic x10! The only way I know they're still alive is when they launch themselves out of the sand to grab food before disappearing again! It's like a scene out of that movie Tremors. They still make me jump back each time they do that!! Haha.

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, I have never seen this type before!! Beautiful!! I've been trying to get pics of my neon loaches but they're cryptic x10! The only way I know they're still alive is when they launch themselves out of the sand to grab food before disappearing again! It's like a scene out of that movie Tremors. They still make me jump back each time they do that!! Haha.
I know what you mean…my skunk loach is always out but I just about never see my sun loaches (Y. Eos). They have recently started popping back up though.

Nemo&Friends

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started with rescued FW goldfish, graduated to tropical FW, then FW planted tank, then FOWLR salt and now I want to start macro algae. Recently, I caught one of my young mollies, captive bred in my FW tank and transferred it to a new SW in which I try grow macro algae, so the molly would eat the undesirable algae. So far the molly seem to eat what I want her too, and not the macro, but I will watch carefully.
So why should I stop FW ? I also use the water from my FW to water my plants, especially my 15 orchids.
And I also have a pond...

Jubei2006

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Started with freshwater as a kid, Oscar, and fish I caught from the local lake (bass, bluegill, sunfish and such) My favorite tank was a 55gallon planted. Rummynosed tetras are beautiful fish. Had them as the centerpiece along with cloudy danios and neon tetras. Of course the plecos, and an otocinclus or two. Got rid of that tank for saltwater. Now my son has a planted 10 gallon with glofish and a rosey barb.

MNFish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At one time I had about 15 aquariums but now I am done to:
75 salt
55 salt
13.5 salt
75 fresh
60 fresh
10 Fresh

I would like to turn the 60 fresh into a saltwater, but my kids like that as an angle fish tank.....

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 45 41.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 23 21.1%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 38 34.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back