How many tangs in one tank?

  • Thread starter Thread starter JFord2014
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Thank you all so much for the info! A few people locally told me a powder blue and achilles can't be kept together. Is this true?
They can, but I'd not do it in a 200g tank. 8' long tank I'd say ok, but nothing less. Its possible to keep them though, just add them at the same time if you do.
 
Thank you both for the response! I want fish to be completely happy living in my tank. I don't want my selfish choices on fish to cause them a lifetime of un-happiness! So I really appreciate all the info!
 
ImageUploadedByReef2Reef Aquarium Forum1380892237.435282.jpg

A hippo, a purple, and a yellow, for many years now in a 120gal. Occasionally the purple and yellow do a little soft tail slapping but no harm ever done. The hippo being largest is never messed with and he doesn't mess with anyone. I find that hanging nori seaweed everyday, keeps the aggression down. I would not put any other tang in my tank, though.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 5 25.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 6 30.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new