How many times have you been electrocuted

  • Thread starter Thread starter KoleTang
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

KoleTang

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 27, 2011
Messages
2,346
Reaction score
83
Location
Woodbury, MN
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
:dizzy: Since we spend most our time playing with saltwater and electricity, I'm sure a good amount of people have gotten a good zap or two.

For me, 5 times, 4 of which were tank related. How about you?
 
So which one of these guys is you? lol


_medium_DSCN7826.JPG
 
Not yet but I am looking after my friends tank for a couple weeks and his light fixture has shocked him multiple times. I get scared every time I have to test the water. Really scared.
 
Not yet but I am looking after my friends tank for a couple weeks and his light fixture has shocked him multiple times. I get scared every time I have to test the water. Really scared.

Careful, that sounds like a corroded fixture.
 
Never, I'm still alive. Electrocuted = dead by definition, but fortunately I've never been shocked.
 
Careful, that sounds like a corroded fixture.

I'm sure it is something along those lines. Although it is an odessey(sp) fixture so it could have done that from day one haha. I guess he just likes living on the edge
 
I build and work on swimming pools iv be shocked more time than I can remember LOL but not by my reef tank yet
 
I got arc-shocked when I got too close to an older power strip inside a stand (trying to find the switch on the thing during a flooding incident) with wet hands.

No damage...just enough of a zap to make me pay attention. Ouch!
 
Last edited:
I had a bad link under my tank where all my power strips were and there was fog coming off the water when I went to unplug everything, I should have known I was in for a shock, but I experienced one of the worst pains of my life when I went to unplug everything under there and got shocked. I learned my lesson, now all my power strips are in a cabinet on the side of my tank, not risking that again!
 
I'm an electrician so many times, never by my tank though. I always try to keep water and electricity as separate as possible and my cords all neat.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 15.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 58 33.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new