How many uses with a diamond cutoff wheel

Tennyson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Went to town fragging my dendro this weekend, and my dremel bit is already plastered. I must have made 10 cuts through coral/rock.

Is it still good? When do I know to replace it? If I use again I'm guessing it should be disinfected somehow?

20190623_224023.jpg

20190623_224036.jpg

ludnix

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Disinfect with non chlorine disinfectants like alcohol if your going to, this will help prevent rusting. I would brush it out with a little vinegar to get calcium off if needed but it should tell you when it's time replace as the diamonds begin to wear off and it's harder to cut. If it takes too long to cut then you'll generate heat which can be bad for the coral.

Brandon Smith

AquaticArsenal.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The inland DB 100 band saw is well worth the cost. I use their diamond saw band, and I love it.

OP
OP
Tennyson

Tennyson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the suggestion! Band saw is tempting, do you run yours with water while cutting?

Brandon Smith

AquaticArsenal.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the suggestion! Band saw is tempting, do you run yours with water while cutting?
It has a reservoir on the back that holds water. You would want to set it a container to catch the water though. There is a hose that you can set in a bucket, but water does end up other places lol

OP
OP
Tennyson

Tennyson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It has a reservoir on the back that holds water. You would want to set it a container to catch the water though. There is a hose that you can set in a bucket, but water does end up other places lol

Sweet! Maybe Santa will help me on this investment. Won't be a very happy new year for the colonies :oops:

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 84 87.5%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 6.3%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.1%
Back