How much flow?

  • Thread starter Thread starter tyler1503
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

tyler1503

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 1, 2013
Messages
2,579
Reaction score
532
Location
Bega, NSW, Australia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm getting a 120, 4x2x2 next weekend (I'm super excited and a little nervous!) and wondering what pumps people are using for flow in similar sizes tanks?
I'm not looking for something so complex I can control it from the other side of the globe with my phone, or that can replicate thunderstorms in conjunction with other the top LEDs or anything crazy like that. I just want some decent turnover and to keep uneaten food suspended long enough to down the overflow.
Also, being a fowlr should 21x/h turnover (not including return pump from sump) be strong enough? I'd prefer about 35x/h but have an incredible deal on a 2600GPH wave maker.
 
My tank is the about the same size and I am using 2 ecotech mp40's on each side and a mp10 on back wall with lots of flow.
 
Oh wow. That makes my 21x sound weak lol. I guess I can always add another powerhead if I want more flow.
Thanks for the input.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 5.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 20.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 33 31.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 14 13.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 6.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new