How Much flow?

AtticusPutt

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 2, 2020
Messages
13
Reaction score
2
Location
Avon,CT
What state or country do you live in
Connecticut
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 30 long aquarium (20 gallon display) and I was wondering if I'm producing too much flow for a beginner lps/softie tank. I am using a current 660 gph wavemaker at 100% on the wave mode. I also have an 800 gph pump. I was wondering what the turnover rate should be for a lps/softie tank, and If i need to ramp down the wavemaker or even use one at all.
 
I have a 30 long aquarium (20 gallon display) and I was wondering if I'm producing too much flow for a beginner lps/softie tank. I am using a current 660 gph wavemaker at 100% on the wave mode. I also have an 800 gph pump. I was wondering what the turnover rate should be for a lps/softie tank, and If i need to ramp down the wavemaker or even use one at all.

the return only needs to be enough for the heaters and media to get enough flow, the powerhead flow needs to be enough to keep the corals happy, sounds to me you could probably turn the return down and the powerheads. See how you go.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 19.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 40 31.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 19 14.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new