How much nori should I feed?

boboyo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi I have :
A sailfin, purple, yellow, scopas, hippo/blue tang and foxface which are all decently small (medium size tops) + assorted fish (lots of em)
the ones that mainly seem to jump on the Nori are my 5 chromis, leopard wrasse, longnose butterfly (with an appetite). Sometimes even the triggerfish would nibble at it.

Do I feed them enough with 2 Julian sprungs sheets per day? Just asking out of curiosity. I also throw a bunch of “algae eater” pellets (20 pellets) and feed 4 cubes of frozen food every night.

here’s the list I guess :

Yellow tang
Purple tang
Sailfin tang
Scopas tang
Hippo tang
Foxface
Mandarin (he only eats pods which I have my production for him)
Chromis x5
Firefish x2
Clowns x2
Engineer goby x2
Lawnmower blenny
Blue throat trigger
Bicolor dottyback
Cardinal fish x2
Longnose butterfly
Six line
Leopard wrasse

Basically, should I feed more frozen too? Is 2 Julian springs enough? Usually the 4 cubes are krill, mysis and 2x brine. More pellets? Idc about excess nutrients I just want the fishies to be happy.

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are we talking the full uncut sheets, or the roughly 4"x4" sheets?

I had 3 tangs in my 120 and I would buy the bulk package and cut the sheets to 4"x4" sheets. Then I would put 2 in the tank, one on either side. You really need to see how quick they are being eaten up. If they last just a few minutes, then you need more. If they last most of the day, then you are good.

It also depends on your daily amount of food you feed the tank.

OP
OP
B

boboyo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So it’s trial and error at this point on how much to feed em? Planning to leave for a week next month. Wanna make em happy that’s why I’m asking.

I feel like If there’s too much Nori at once it’s just gonna disintegrate. K gold the 4x4 Julian sprungs Nori a bunch of times till it makes like a 1cm square or half an inch to avoid waste & Nori just going to the overflow

Dcal

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use this and it keeps it al there and not into overflow

i just fold a sheet a bunch of times and stuff it into the pouch

clip

Squidward

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just fold the 2 sheets into a small square/rectangle which will make the fish work harder to eat it and not easily tear it apart. It should last a good 20 - 30 minutes. I feed my fish nori every other day.

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depends a lot on how much other stuff you feed. I feed three 4x8 sheets daily, and it lasts about 10 minutes. I also feed frozen (and occasionally pellets) two times per day; enough each time to last about 30 seconds. Better to keep an eye on the weight of your fish. Too fat, feed less: too skinny, feed more.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 2 3.7%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 32 59.3%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 14 25.9%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 9.3%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 1 1.9%
Back