How Often Do You Clean Your Teeth?

you are supposed to clean your pump?
1000006998.jpg
 
I usually wait until its a problem and then take drastic measures to fix it! When it is too bad you can lower the tank water level and use some vinegar to help remove it. Just use it on a damp rag and be careful not to get in in the tank. I use nylon bristle heavy duty "toothbrush" form harbor freight. They are a bit bigger and longer bristles than toothbrushes for our mouths.
 
I literally spent an hour last weekend, “debriding” my teeth with cítric acid. Luckily, I did not glue my dentures in place and I can remove them for easier maintenance
 
I hated cleaning the overflow teeth and did it when I noticed the water level rising in the display or always before going out of town. I hated cleaning the return pump too and never did it til I took my former tank down. I fixed both problems by using a canister pump on my current tank.
 
On my 66, only when I notice the the water level creeping up towards the top of the rim.
On my 240, maybe once per year.
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 16 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 15 46.9%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 25.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new