• 7+ times a day.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

ReefReadyYouTube

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How often do you feed you fish? does it depend on how many fish you have? Does it depend on your export method? Does it depend on what size tank you have? I currently feed my fish 3-4 times a day. I have a 32 gallon bio cube with 5 fish and lots of corals. I think I’m a a good amount. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner (sometimes a mid-day snack) is all covered. All I feed every times is about 1/4 a teaspoon. So around 3/4-1 teaspoon a daily accumulated. Every other day I do a full frozen cube of formula one ocean nutrition.

Also what do you feed your fish? Do you do flakes or frozen? Or both? I’d love to know what every ones feeding routine is. Thanks?

JasonK84

I want more!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2 times for the DT. 3 times for the moorish idol in QT.

Mainly feed frozen. Many varieties. Other thing is 3 pellet sizes of NLS pellets not very often.

Last edited:

WVNed

The fish are staring at me with hungry eyes.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feed about 1/5th of a cup of food spread out 3-4 times a day. 2 cubes Hikari angel, Rods, LRS and P E Mysis with selcon and coral frenzy mixed in
Plus table shrimp, cut fish, squid, krill for the eel. Live ghost shrimp for the lion
I have also started feeding white worms. My culture worked

looks real tasty
IMG_1729-M.jpg

I feed the pods Reef Nutrition formula 1 and 2 sinking pellets.

every day

I get it out in the morning and mix some tank water in to defrost it. Then is sits on the tank all day and I add some every few hours till it is gone. If I forget I pour the last of it in after the lights go out and other things eat it.

You feed the whole tank. Not just the fish.

Last edited:

Gernader

Reefing is a never-ending addiction...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I have 2 clownfish, anemone, cleaner shrimp, snails, crabs, and many corals in my 29 gallon reef. I feed once every day. I cut a cube of Mysis shrimp into 3 pieces and give one piece of it each day for 5 days a week. I soak the food in garlic before feeding. For other 2 days, I give them flakes for a varied diet. For my anemone, I feed a piece of raw shrimp twice a week. So, it depends on what you have in your tank and what nutrients do you want to have.

pcon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
3x frozen, 3x with an auto feeder. For difficult fish like Paracentropyge angels, seems that it is very helpful for long term success. When I add new difficult fish I will often up this to hourly feedings during the day and taper off over the course of a month.

albano

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have about 70 fish in my 500g softie reef... feed usually 4-5 times a day, Each time is a different food, that way every fish gets a shot at each type of food.
Rotate 3 types of flake, 3 types of pellets, probably 6 different frozen foods and when available some live food. Nori 3x a week.

dank reefer

IG: dankreefer_IG
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try to feed fish at 2-3 times a day (Pellet, and frozen). And I feed my corals every day to ever other day.

LARedstickreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One cube of frozen mysis. I add Selcon to it.

6 fish in 34g display.

I’ll be trying out the Easysps food soon as well.

Blacktip

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Once a day. 4X4 nori sheet, and some frozen food. Occasionally, I feed dry food so my fish is used to it while I am traveling.

Dvanlier05

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
5 total a day. Auto feeder feeds pellets 3 times a day while I'm working and I feed frozen and nori twice later in the evening when I'm home. 16 fish in my 120 gallon and still low nutrients, NO3 2.5 PO4 0.02.

JasonK84

I want more!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where did you buy your idols from?
I bought through @AquaLocker

Here is my thread from the beginning of receiving the Idol

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 22.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 19.7%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back