How to make random decor reef safe?

  • Thread starter Thread starter AquaLoco
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

AquaLoco

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 12, 2013
Messages
17
Reaction score
4
Location
San Diego
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have watched the guys on Tanked "paint" all manner of items to make them aquarium safe, including metallic items and a piece of the Berlin wall.

Anybody here know what is used and where to get it?

Thanks in advance,

Adrian from San Diego
 
Is this post not in the right area? If that is so, could one of the Admins please move it?

Thank you very much :)
 
What exactly do you want to coat?

I'm not sure what they use, and I'm not sure I'd take advice from that show, but if I wanted to protect something that would otherwise be a problem, an epoxy coating might be the answer. This sort of thing, although I've not used it myself:

http://protective.sherwin-williams.com/tools/epoxy-coating-troubleshooting/

Long term, I think you are better off not using something that might damage the tank if a small hole developed. So I'd avoid most metal parts, and some (like certain grades of stainless steel) do not need a coating.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 12 36.4%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 6 18.2%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 2 6.1%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new