How to mount a Kessil to the ATI Sunpower.

choss

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So when hanging the kessil off a fixture like the ATI, how do you balance the weight so that the ATI hangs properly?

Dfeagley

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will be adding 3×360we tuna blue kessil on each side of my 60" 6 bulb sunpower. The bar pull is very aesthetically appealing, but I may try a ball joint mount or rocketfish RF-HSWM 2B tilting/swiveling speaker mount, just to give myself some room for play. Worst case scenario, I go back to bar pull bc I really like the look of it.
@choss buying another kessil for opposite side will fix weight distribution issue. That's probably not the answer you were looking for though lol

choss

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ha - yeah I thought if that as well! Right now I have two Kessil 360WEs on goosenecks mounted next to my 24" Giesemann Spectra. Combo is amazing but I wish I had a slightly better solution to mounting them. I have to point them in at about 30 degree angle to achieve the spread I want but its hard to adjust them.

LBReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is brilliant. I had ordered a ATI sunflower from another reefer and stupidly did not realize it was only a four bulb unit. I've been debating how to supplement it and I think this is a great solution.

FFKiwi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How to mount a Kessil to the ATI Sunpower:

This is really a long time that I want to add a Kessil 160we to my ATI Sunpower. A week ago I found a nice deal on the local reef forum ! After a few days of search how to attach a Kessil to the fixture I haven't found anything that I could use online. So hours and hours in Home Depot and I found the way I like and the right degree that I wanted, I was lucky with the right fixture design as well hehehe ... So I've attached with a 7.5" bar pull, cheap and so many option guys for any kind of tastes, curved, brushed, shiny, black ... any that you like. Here is the result:

Kessil160_Mount1.jpg

Kessil160_Mount2.jpg

Kessil160_Mount3.jpg

Good luck ! ;)
WOW BERLE this is exactly what i want to do! As far as the bar pull, is that the same thing as a bar pull for a drawer? Did you just drill into the ATI fixture to secure it? And also, how the heck is the bar pull attached to the Kessil at that round point on top of it?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 18 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 14.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 74 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back