How to remove feather duster from hammer before dipping?

Rohirrimus

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 10, 2022
Messages
161
Reaction score
56
Location
Malta
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_8393.jpeg

Hello guys,
I have this struggling hammer . I’ve done entire due diligence ( gradually increasing magnesium, adjusting flow… ) but it’s still doing poorly and it seems a pest problem.

On it there is a feather duster, some sponge like things and I noticed today one very tiny worm ( baby brittle worm perhaps) going basically inside of skeleton.
I want to clean it and dip it , but don’t want to kill feather duster.
Any way to remove it? Thanks
 
Slightly better photos. The white tube is a feather duster( it’s not vermited snail, it’s distinctive) and white spongy things I have no clue what they are. I’d like to remove everything but save the duster (Im afraid dip might kill him )
 

Attachments

  • IMG_8405.jpeg
    IMG_8405.jpeg
    203.4 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_8404.jpeg
    IMG_8404.jpeg
    207 KB · Views: 90
I also have a problem with the white spongy thing
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 13 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 8 30.8%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 13 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 26.9%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new