Huge let down.

  • Thread starter Thread starter Teaman89
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
I have been patiently waiting for my next tank. I want to get a 100-200 gallon tank with matching stand and canopy. Me and my wife watch our local classifieds literally daily for the tank I want. So last night that tank piped up and my amazing wife sent it to me. It’s a 110 tall with matching stand and canopy. With everything but live stock. They only wanted $500. So i texted the guy and he answered some questions I had. I knew this was the tank. It’s was beautiful. I told him that I am at work but I wail take it and told him I will be down first thing tomorrow to get it. I let him know I have to drive 2.5 hrs to get there. We agreed on a time to meet.
So I texted him later to make sure our plans are still going to work for him and let him know I am as well. 1 hr later he texts me and tells me (I actually ended up selling it today. Sorry). My heart literally sank. We were so excited for this tank. I told the guy if it was a timing issue I would have came down tonight to get it. No reply. So now I have to try and accept that I got screwed.
So I guess it’s back to being patient and hope that the next one don’t get sold out from under me.
8401765E-250F-468D-AAF3-6F24948E39C8.jpeg
You'll find an even better one.
 
That’s not being a Karen it’s the truth lol. And honestly in the eyes of the law breaking a verbal/written agreement is breaking the law and the same as breaking a written contract.
 
I have been patiently waiting for my next tank. I want to get a 100-200 gallon tank with matching stand and canopy. Me and my wife watch our local classifieds literally daily for the tank I want. So last night that tank piped up and my amazing wife sent it to me. It’s a 110 tall with matching stand and canopy. With everything but live stock. They only wanted $500. So i texted the guy and he answered some questions I had. I knew this was the tank. It’s was beautiful. I told him that I am at work but I wail take it and told him I will be down first thing tomorrow to get it. I let him know I have to drive 2.5 hrs to get there. We agreed on a time to meet.
So I texted him later to make sure our plans are still going to work for him and let him know I am as well. 1 hr later he texts me and tells me (I actually ended up selling it today. Sorry). My heart literally sank. We were so excited for this tank. I told the guy if it was a timing issue I would have came down tonight to get it. No reply. So now I have to try and accept that I got screwed.
So I guess it’s back to being patient and hope that the next one don’t get sold out from under me.
8401765E-250F-468D-AAF3-6F24948E39C8.jpeg
Seriously... 1980's oak... too tall... single small door in cabinet...
You should pay this guy for NOT selling it to you... lol..
 
I’m sorry I’d report them! But to be honest I’ve sold things and been the seller who has told people that I’d be going with someone else whether it was because they offered full price, were closer to me (this is not related to fish stuff), or hit buy before someone else but to me something isn’t sold until it’s paid for and I’ve sold a decent amount of things and it rarely do I have to do it but I have done it. It honestly means there’s something better keep looking. Have you tried Facebook Marketplace? I think that’s going to be your best bet.

Karen Manager GIF by Adult Swim
 
That’s not being a Karen it’s the truth lol. And honestly in the eyes of the law breaking a verbal/written agreement is breaking the law and the same as breaking a written contract.
Ok
 
I’m sorry I’d report them! But to be honest I’ve sold things and been the seller who has told people that I’d be going with someone else whether it was because they offered full price, were closer to me (this is not related to fish stuff), or hit buy before someone else but to me something isn’t sold until it’s paid for and I’ve sold a decent amount of things and it rarely do I have to do it but I have done it. It honestly means there’s something better keep looking. Have you tried Facebook Marketplace? I think that’s going to be your best bet.
I just had to vent. In my opinion just shows how ppl r. I was raised a man only has his word. I told him we coulda venmoed him today. It is what it is. We will keep hunting for our dream tank.
 
1984.. I was in Jr. High.. was just really getting into music and my tastes were more along the lines of Ratt, Motley Crue, Dio, Ozzy, Rush, and the like. Wasn't till many years later that I began to appreciate that punk rock sound from that era.
 
If I can offer some solace, unless you've had a 30" tall tank and know you enjoy working on them, you dodged a bullet here.

24" tall is a PITA to work on. 30" is even worse.
I will keep that in mind during our hunt.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new