Hurricane Ian on the way.

tehmadreefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Overhyped- this is provided with exception of last pic from a friend who lives in the towers facing the cruise ship terminal and its worse than pics show. I have a home in the area and quite concerned as to potential damage as most homes in the area have 6-8 of water already
Having manhole covers blown off by water pressure, cars floating down the coast and houses with roofs blown off is not quite overhyped.
Not yelling, but expressing what is REALLY happening there right now. See some of the video Live on you tube and picture someone you know in the eye of it
Well that’s Miami and the hurricane came in on the opposite side of the state and barely effected that region, so please stop showing pics of a typical everyday rain storm and hyping it up. Your not anywhere near landfall, lol

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How did everyone fare?

We have power, no internet and no flooding. I am going to have a nice nap later ;) :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Well that’s Miami and the hurricane came in on the opposite side of the state and barely effected that region, so please stop showing pics of a typical everyday rain storm and hyping it up. Your not anywhere near landfall, lol
I have people in Miami updating me and there was damage in many areas and HOW DARE YOU TELL ME WHAT I CAN POST- WELCOME TO FORUMS !!! This is a rainstorm ? Got my laugh

OP
OP
R33fDaddy

R33fDaddy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I lost power briefly and used the pitch and pour method until the lights came back on. There is a lake that flooded so my neighborhood is not accessible at the moment. All in all not much to complain about given what others are going through.

My brother who's also in Orlando lost power at 1am last night and it still isn't on. I passed along all the tips you'll gave me to him. He has the same tank that I have. He was just able to get a generator and is out looking for gas. He'll be hooking his tank up to the generator when he gets back home.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I lost power briefly and used the pitch and pour method until the lights came back on. There is a lake that flooded so my neighborhood is not accessible at the moment. All in all not much to complain about given what others are going through.

My brother who's also in Orlando lost power at 1am last night and it still isn't on. I passed along all the tips you'll gave me to him. He has the same tank that I have. He was just able to get a generator and is out looking for gas. He'll be hooking his tank up to the generator when he gets back home.
Glad you guys fared well. I hear many without power but crews everywhere which is good news also

Surf985

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bartow here. Some roof damage and a bunch of old oaks down. Oversaturation and wind obliterated them here. Power down about 30 hours. Fish were fine since house was mid 70s up until I left to work this afternoon. Came home and half the tank had died, mostly the larger fish. Huge blow but grateful for the few that made it.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back