Hydros ATO setup

jtichenor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just setup the Hydros Auto Top-off and it is working great! Super simple setup with the included optical water level sensor and the Control 4 driving the ATO pump.

I initially set the ATO up in the app as type 'ATO' and this worked great. However, I would like to put a dependency on a second water level sensor in the reservoir to indicate a low water level to be wet for the ATO pump to work and I didn't see a way to include that dependency unless I configured the ATO as type 'Generic' and included the dependency that way. Is this the way to do it?

Also, is there anything I am not getting by using 'Generic' instead of 'ATO' type for this output? ie, are there hidden benefits to using the ATO type?

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can if you use a second generic output and use it in the depends on in the ATO like I did here. i named it ATO OK. I have 4 inputs here 2 are leak detectors and one is a sump overfull sensor and one is a low level sensor in the DI storage tank. I also used the depends on on this output to turn it off if the return is off. This will also turn off the skimmer.

EFF2D5D1-7DBD-4D8C-857A-887A7F5106A4.png

B7ADC86C-A1EC-4005-9C14-2158F81D1BB6.png

OP
OP
jtichenor

jtichenor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, Danny. Great idea on including the sump overfull and leak detector in the conditions! I'll incorporate those when I get a sense box and the rope leak detector setup. I already had the return pump configured as a dependency. Thanks for your help!

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is the plan! Thanks for the tip.
Also when get it set it up to your wifi. Then connect it to the other controller with the command buss cable and connect the terminator to an open command buss port. Then when you create a collective add the original controller to it first so it will keep its setup. Then add the new controller in. Anytime you add one to the collective except the first one it will erase any setting or inputs and output you have setup in it. I usually just setup the wifi for the new one and then add it to the collective before making any setup changes to it.

OP
OP
jtichenor

jtichenor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also when get it set it up to your wifi. Then connect it to the other controller with the command buss cable and connect the terminator to an open command buss port. Then when you create a collective add the original controller to it first so it will keep its setup. Then add the new controller in. Anytime you add one to the collective except the first one it will erase any setting or inputs and output you have setup in it. I usually just setup the wifi for the new one and then add it to the collective before making any setup changes to it.
Very helpful advice, Danny. Thanks again!

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 53 84.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 4 6.3%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 4.8%
Back