Hydros Control 2 , Control 4 and accessories question and answer thread.

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone know the pinout of the 3 pin motor driver?
They have cables to connect to the pumps that are compatible to the wave engine. I assume that is the unit you are referring since the Control units do not have this connector.

Shanel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes this is the problem I am running into. I'm a DIY kinda guy. From what I have found on the coralvue site the reason they do not make a cable for the Jebao pump is because Jeabo will not warranty the pump if hooked up to their controller. Not because it's incompatible. I'm not really concerned with Jeabo's warranty. I also have some Aquastation pumps I would like to run off the wave engine. Before I Purchase one of these I need to make sure I can obtain this info.

FishyFishFish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Are there any options in the App for it to remind you when it’s time to do maintenance (e.g. when to change the carbon etc)?

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are there any options in the App for it to remind you when it’s time to do maintenance (e.g. when to change the carbon etc)?
I don't know of anything like that yet. That sounds like a good addition though. They have a section on their forum for suggestions like this. I think you would have to join the forum to post the link is here https://forum.coralvuehydros.com/ . They do track how long it has been for probe calibrations on the probe input.

7EAD3B38-7386-4500-9788-B0C5EA6A243A.png

OP
OP
shred5

shred5

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

It is not at the moment.
I would go to the site like Danny said and suggest it. It has been suggested before and if there is enough interest it may come.
There have been request for all different kinds of data logging like manually being able to put alk, calcium etc. too.
They do listen to people and take suggestions seriously.

Viva'sReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I'd really like to set the parameters of what the high/low range is for the graphing. I've asked a few times on thier site, any info on this yet?

OP
OP
shred5

shred5

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'd really like to set the parameters of what the high/low range is for the graphing. I've asked a few times on thier site, any info on this yet?

Best I can say is go to the Hydros support forum and request it. It is a good request in my opinion.

rtparty

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Who in here is running the Hydros ATO? How is it? Most importantly, is it quiet??? I love my Tunze 3155 but my new tank is in my basement living room next to my theater setup. We play and watch movies in this area often. I can't have the 3155 pump next to me going off.

I have a Reefbreeders EXO ATO on another tank and that pump is silent. So I am down the Hydros ATO, another ReefBreeders, or wait for the new Tunze ATO. Maybe the new pump is a lot quieter?

OP
OP
shred5

shred5

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Who in here is running the Hydros ATO? How is it? Most importantly, is it quiet??? I love my Tunze 3155 but my new tank is in my basement living room next to my theater setup. We play and watch movies in this area often. I can't have the 3155 pump next to me going off.

I have a Reefbreeders EXO ATO on another tank and that pump is silent. So I am down the Hydros ATO, another ReefBreeders, or wait for the new Tunze ATO. Maybe the new pump is a lot quieter?

I run three of them no issues yet.
Yea they are quiet. I have one in my living room.
I think it is the same pump used by several manufacturer's.

rtparty

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I run three of them no issues yet.
Yea they are quiet. I have one in my living room.
I think it is the same pump used by several manufacturer's.

Thanks! I think I will chance it and order one when I am ready.

I am currently designing my control board with Kyle at Adaptive Reef and trying to figure out everything I will want/need.

My current plans are to run Tunze pumps but the info for how Tunze and Hydros can play together is limited or I am looking in the wrong places. I believe the Wave Engine can control Tunze pumps so that would be nice. I am open to looking at the Octo pumps as well but unsure if they can push water 6 feet for my peninsula. I need more of a stream pump to push to the end and not blast everything else. Then I will run wide flow pumps to cover the other 3-4 feet.

OP
OP
shred5

shred5

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

I am currently designing my control board with Kyle at Adaptive Reef and trying to figure out everything I will want/need.

My current plans are to run Tunze pumps but the info for how Tunze and Hydros can play together is limited or I am looking in the wrong places. I believe the Wave Engine can control Tunze pumps so that would be nice. I am open to looking at the Octo pumps as well but unsure if they can push water 6 feet for my peninsula. I need more of a stream pump to push to the end and not blast everything else. Then I will run wide flow pumps to cover the other 3-4 feet.

Which tunze pumps?
I personally do not use my Hydros on any Tunze but I believe they are controlled via 0-10v with this cable: https://premiumaquatics.com/products/hydros-tunze-waveengine-pump-adapter.html
not all the Tunze pumps have a 0-10v connection.

I use one Octopulse 2 with my Wave Engine. It is on a 4' aquarium and it does pretty good.
I would think a 4 might handle it. I had Neros and the Octopulse put out more flow.
Personally I like Gyres but hate cleaning them.
Tunze last forever though and never can go wrong with them.

MGarrison

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

WaveEngine will control Tunze via 0-10v, you still have to use the Tunze power supply.
https://www.coralvuehydros.com/is-my-pump-compatible/

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 71 37.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 63 33.5%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.3%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.5%
Back