Hydros Controller Info/Insight

ParrotHead310

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New Reefer 350 setup running (2) AI 32’s, RSK-300 skimmer, Jebao DCQ-10000 return, InkBird temp controller. Settled on (2) IceCap Gyre 4k’s not yet purchased.

Don’t think it’s necessary to pay for the Hydros Wave Engine to run just the IceCaps. Don’t think it’s compatible with the Jebao. I would be fine with using the Icecap controller. Can the IceCap Gyre’s be run through the Hydros 4 and not rely on the IceCap controller?

Planning on ditching the Reefer ATO & considered the Tunze 3155 until I looked into the Hydros. With my setup and what I need, I figured I would be going with the Hydros 4. I see it only has 2 probe ports and comes with a pH probe. Is there a compatible salinity probe that can be added?

Not crazy about the Hydros power strip. Do you have to use them? I currently use a Kasa smart strip and works great and I can see energy usage. Any downside to not using the Hydros strip with the controller? I see you can purchase the controller independently.

What would be hooked up to the “drive” ports and 10V ports on the controller? Thanks!

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would get the starter kit even if you don't plan to use the wifi strip. That way you get a temp sensor and a pH probe along with a power supply. Otherwise you will have to get those things separately. Those added up could be the same or more if purchased separately. I use the drive ports to power my Intllab dosing pumps and solenoids for my RODI unit. I do use the wifi strips and currently have three. I also have 2 Control 2's and a XS type controller all in a collective. They act as a single controller that way. The 0-10v outputs can control lighting and basic pumps that can be controlled by a 0-10v signal. The 0-10v inputs can be used for many things including push button switches. You may want to go to their forum under DIY and check it out for more information on these. Forum link https://forum.coralvuehydros.com/

OP
OP
ParrotHead310

ParrotHead310

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would get the starter kit even if you don't plan to use the wifi strip. That way you get a temp sensor and a pH probe along with a power supply. Otherwise you will have to get those things separately. Those added up could be the same or more if purchased separately. I use the drive ports to power my Intllab dosing pumps and solenoids for my RODI unit. I do use the wifi strips and currently have three. I also have 2 Control 2's and a XS type controller all in a collective. They act as a single controller that way. The 0-10v outputs can control lighting and basic pumps that can be controlled by a 0-10v signal. The 0-10v inputs can be used for many things including push button switches. You may want to go to their forum under DIY and check it out for more information on these. Forum link https://forum.coralvuehydros.com/
Thanks for the info, appreciate it.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 20 30.8%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 53 81.5%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 11 16.9%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.8%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.6%
Back