Hydros Controllers…..

tritonpower

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What’s the advantage of the kraken? I can’t see any value in that particular piece. What’s it actually do? I run 12 and 24 volt pumps right off of battery’s directly. Solar charges the battery’s, generator kicks in if needed. My pumps are minn kota brand trolling motors If that matters. i currently have the hydros sense module for monitoring only usage
It's a way to run stuff off battery without setting up your own system. Similar to your system but the kraken will shut off most items during power outage and drops the current so the battery lasts longer.

mike ob

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been running the hydros system for a little over a year and love it. If you go into the advance features you can set up a ton of safety’s for your tank
My current system is
X2
X3
Wave le
3-xp8

OP
OP
InactionJackson

InactionJackson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been running the hydros system for a little over a year and love it. If you go into the advance features you can set up a ton of safety’s for your tank
My current system is
X2
X3
Wave le
3-xp8
I sold my GHL stuff and went for the X4 pro pack….gotta say I love it….im actually using 2 Ph ports …one is going to my small 12 gallon….but this is way more easy than GHL (for me).

Rohirrimus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To all other users reading this, I'm more than happy to answer any HYDROS questions directly and state that I am biased as a CoralVue/HYDROS employee.
Hi, I do have a couple of questions.
I was planning on getting apex as hydros isn’t generally available in Europe but now that I found a store that imports them Ixam considering it over apex.

1. Is there some sort of MXM alternative? I would like to control my AI devices from the controller
2. Is there any sort of trident alternative?
3. I saw that it supports batteries. Instead of using battery directly for the pump, can I use icecap V3 battery from the controller itself? Would it also power the controller and allow me to change settings of the device in the powercut?
4. Are multiple batteries possible?
5. Which model would you recommend? I have Red Sea g2+ tank so ATO and leak sensor are already covered,
I want it mostly to monitor parameters, control temperature, flow..

Thank you :)

M4sonic

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I do have a couple of questions.
I was planning on getting apex as hydros isn’t generally available in Europe but now that I found a store that imports them Ixam considering it over apex.

1. Is there some sort of MXM alternative? I would like to control my AI devices from the controller
2. Is there any sort of trident alternative?
3. I saw that it supports batteries. Instead of using battery directly for the pump, can I use icecap V3 battery from the controller itself? Would it also power the controller and allow me to change settings of the device in the powercut?
4. Are multiple batteries possible?
5. Which model would you recommend? I have Red Sea g2+ tank so ATO and leak sensor are already covered,
I want it mostly to monitor parameters, control temperature, flow..

Thank you :)
Would you mind mentioning the store that sells hydros in Europe? very much interested in the system!

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is the Hydros Wave Engine redundant if you have any of the other controllers with drive ports like the X10?
The wave engine does not have any drive ports. It direct drive ports which are completely different. Drive ports are just 12v DC either switched on or off. Direct Drive ports are designed to drive the coils of BLDC type motors. To do that you have to tell the wave engine which pump motor is attached so it know what pulse rate and the current amount to use to drive that motor at the different speeds. So the direct drive ports on the wave engines are a lot more complex and it also has three pins instead of the two pins on the drive ports. Hope this helps.

CloudReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The wave engine does not have any drive ports. It direct drive ports which are completely different. Drive ports are just 12v DC either switched on or off. Direct Drive ports are designed to drive the coils of BLDC type motors. To do that you have to tell the wave engine which pump motor is attached so it know what pulse rate and the current amount to use to drive that motor at the different speeds. So the direct drive ports on the wave engines are a lot more complex and it also has three pins instead of the two pins on the drive ports. Hope this helps.
It does, thanks!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 15.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 85 56.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.3%
Back