Hydros flow meter

Chee-tomorpha

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I own a digital aquatic lite controller on my current reefer 250 and manage basic things. I did not do much with it since by the time I felt comfortable enough to try more advance controls, they stopped making them.

I'm now going with a Hydros Control 4 in my new build since I felt it provided the flexibility and capabilities at a better price point.

I'm looking at adding some water flow meters. I am thinking about 3 for now. One for the main return and two for auxiliary feeds for later reactors and stuff. I haven't used any reactors or UI sterilizers yet but wanted to explore them later.

I don't believe Hydros has a flow meter but I found a few flow meters on Amazon with 3 wire connectors. I also assume these sensors would require some math to calculate the output voltage to represent flow.

I don't know much about the Hydros yet, but interested if anyone has tried building their own flow meters, or how to utilize the sensor and 0-10v input/output connections. End goal is to have a flow GPH In the Hydros UI.

lvzx14

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been waiting for them to release the official flow meter they showed off not to long ago myself but sounds like you can use some others.

Some good info on the hydros forum

OP
OP
Chee-tomorpha

Chee-tomorpha

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been waiting for them to release the official flow meter they showed off not to long ago myself but sounds like you can use some others.

Some good info on the hydros forum

The DIY method was exactly what I had in mind. Props to the OP of the post as he answered all the questions I had about hooking one up. Finished product looks like a factory kit. Thanks for the link!

Might test with one meter for the return for now. Hopefully by the time I'm ready for carbon or UV sterilizer, the official sensors would be available.

Do you know when to expect the Hydros flow meter?

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 135 88.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.9%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.0%
Back