I’m running my tank at 82-83 degrees

Gabtron92

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know this is going to be controversial…

I have a 13.5 Fluval and I’ve been running it at about 82 degrees. I’ve read that this can help cut down Dino’s growth. It seems to be helping. Any idea what long term effects of this increased temp may be? The corals seem fine but I could be doing damage.

also, any recommendations for a good heater for Fluval 13.5? I can’t seem to find one that is very reliable.

I’m still very new to saltwater so any advice is welcome! The warm tank might be a horrible idea I’m willing to listen and learn

cpoynter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Gabtron92

Gabtron92

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ran 82°-83° during my battle with dinoflagellates. There were no ill effects. As far as heater recommendations go, I used the fluval heater (m50 I think) when I had a 13.5 and it worked great. In fact, I’m currently using it in my Waterbox 10. If you wanted to spend the money, you could buy a titanium heater/inkbird combo from BRS.

https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/100w-titanium-aquarium-heater-system-wifi-bulk-reef-supply.html
Ooo! I might have to get one of those heaters. I’m currently using a cheapo from Amazon I really trust Fluval products, they haven’t let me down yet.
Glad to hear someone else had success with the nuclear heat option

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Heater controller is the most important piece of equipment there is. I use inkbird.

Rmckoy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I honestly have no clue what brand my heater is but I’ve had it for almost 20 years .
still maintains temp with no issues .

I have never kept any of my tanks that warm so can’t comment on it

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 50 40.7%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 15 12.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 33 26.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 23 18.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.6%
Back