BRS

vpierce3

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
So I put a really pretty mandarin fish in my tank that I bought from the LFS this week. I have lots of copepods and this tank is about 3 years old.
Anyway, I just went to feed my fish and the mandarin came out of the rocks and started eating the frozen blood worms. Holy cow….I didn’t even have to train him.
Also, I bought a file fish about a month and a half ago and there is not a single aiptasia in my tank. Very happy.

Coral Mania

Projects with Sam

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
good deal!
mandarins look so cool.
I put a file fish in my tank and he is by far one of my coolest fish but he went right over to the Duncan and started to chow down :(

Reeferjunkie

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Nice
zach-galifianakis-nodding-gif.gif

AS
OP
V

vpierce3

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
good deal!
mandarins look so cool.
I put a file fish in my tank and he is by far one of my coolest fish but he went right over to the Duncan and started to chow down :(
Bummer. I plan on getting a frag of duncans to see if he’ll go after it. So far he hasn’t touched any of the corals.

Printed Reef - Custom Reef Accessories

Projects with Sam

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I think its all fish specific - reviews on live aquaria are pretty funny. Good luck with the duncan! You seemed to have luck with the mandarin! I think he'll do fine in the sump if he develops a taste for anything else.

Tidal Gardens 4th Sale 3

Jeffcb

Tang tang
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
So I put a really pretty mandarin fish in my tank that I bought from the LFS this week. I have lots of copepods and this tank is about 3 years old.
Anyway, I just went to feed my fish and the mandarin came out of the rocks and started eating the frozen blood worms. Holy cow….I didn’t even have to train him.
Also, I bought a file fish about a month and a half ago and there is not a single aiptasia in my tank. Very happy.
I got one about 3 months ago. It ate mysis at the LFS. They were not sure but I think mine was captive bread.

OP
V

vpierce3

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I got one about 3 months ago. It ate mysis at the LFS. They were not sure but I think mine was captive bread.
Yeah. I’m curious about that regarding mine too. But he was only $39 and the captive breed ones are around $100 (from what I’ve seen). But he was fat and active in the store; that’s why I bought him.

G Santana

Hospitality Elf
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/this-little-pigg
That my friend is the definition of HAPPINESS!!!
Congratulations on both scores!!!

Avast

Jeffcb

Tang tang
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Yeah. I’m curious about that regarding mine too. But he was only $39 and the captive breed ones are around $100 (from what I’ve seen). But he was fat and active in the store; that’s why I bought him.

Congrats and good find.
That's right. Mine was 39 or 49 also. I remember my LFS telling me it probably wasn't captive because of the price.

Top Shelf Aquatics

Jeffcb

Tang tang
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Sometimes they take to frozen - sometimes not. Definitely a plus as it means you may not have to rely on copepods! I had a female dragonet that learned to eat frozen by closely watching the male dragonet I had eat.
This one even eats flakes.

Yates273

Valuable Member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Man I remember not to long ago they were only 16.00. Great news for you. I know the feeling when I first saw mine take mysis. I was in awe as stupid as it sounds. Loved that fish but I recently lost him not sure what happened. Good
Luck with yours. He will save you a lots of $$ on pods since he’s eating other foods

Atlantik icon reef aquarium LED lighting
BRS

How close to perfect, for you, is your reef aquarium?

• IT'S PERFECT NOW

Votes: 17 3.9%
  • It's getting close

Votes: 63 14.4%
  • It's about half way there

Votes: 81 18.5%
  • It's slow but progressing

Votes: 129 29.5%
  • It's not even close

Votes: 135 30.9%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 12 2.7%