I AM SO STOKED !!!

vpierce3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I put a really pretty mandarin fish in my tank that I bought from the LFS this week. I have lots of copepods and this tank is about 3 years old.
Anyway, I just went to feed my fish and the mandarin came out of the rocks and started eating the frozen blood worms. Holy cow….I didn’t even have to train him.
Also, I bought a file fish about a month and a half ago and there is not a single aiptasia in my tank. Very happy.

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
good deal!
mandarins look so cool.
I put a file fish in my tank and he is by far one of my coolest fish but he went right over to the Duncan and started to chow down :(

Reeferjunkie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice
zach-galifianakis-nodding-gif.gif

OP
OP
vpierce3

vpierce3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
good deal!
mandarins look so cool.
I put a file fish in my tank and he is by far one of my coolest fish but he went right over to the Duncan and started to chow down :(
Bummer. I plan on getting a frag of duncans to see if he’ll go after it. So far he hasn’t touched any of the corals.

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I think its all fish specific - reviews on live aquaria are pretty funny. Good luck with the duncan! You seemed to have luck with the mandarin! I think he'll do fine in the sump if he develops a taste for anything else.

Jeffcb

Tang tang
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I put a really pretty mandarin fish in my tank that I bought from the LFS this week. I have lots of copepods and this tank is about 3 years old.
Anyway, I just went to feed my fish and the mandarin came out of the rocks and started eating the frozen blood worms. Holy cow….I didn’t even have to train him.
Also, I bought a file fish about a month and a half ago and there is not a single aiptasia in my tank. Very happy.
I got one about 3 months ago. It ate mysis at the LFS. They were not sure but I think mine was captive bread.

OP
OP
vpierce3

vpierce3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got one about 3 months ago. It ate mysis at the LFS. They were not sure but I think mine was captive bread.
Yeah. I’m curious about that regarding mine too. But he was only $39 and the captive breed ones are around $100 (from what I’ve seen). But he was fat and active in the store; that’s why I bought him.

G Santana

Hospitality Elf
View Badges
Reaction score
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/this-little-pigg
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That my friend is the definition of HAPPINESS!!!
Congratulations on both scores!!!

Jeffcb

Tang tang
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah. I’m curious about that regarding mine too. But he was only $39 and the captive breed ones are around $100 (from what I’ve seen). But he was fat and active in the store; that’s why I bought him.

Congrats and good find.
That's right. Mine was 39 or 49 also. I remember my LFS telling me it probably wasn't captive because of the price.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sometimes they take to frozen - sometimes not. Definitely a plus as it means you may not have to rely on copepods! I had a female dragonet that learned to eat frozen by closely watching the male dragonet I had eat.

Yates273

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man I remember not to long ago they were only 16.00. Great news for you. I know the feeling when I first saw mine take mysis. I was in awe as stupid as it sounds. Loved that fish but I recently lost him not sure what happened. Good
Luck with yours. He will save you a lots of $$ on pods since he’s eating other foods

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Always hit and miss.... thats good news

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 105 86.8%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%
Back