I feel like I stole this Nem! :)

lpsouth1978

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I LOVE Haddoni carpets and have several already. All of my carpets to date have been green. I have always wanted a blue, purple, or red one, but the prices were always prohibitive. I would find one but the price would be $600+ and I couldn't bring myself to get it. Then today I jumped on AquaSD.com to see what they had in their sale, and saw a 14"-16" purple Haddoni for $222 and pounced! It will be delivered on Saturday and will go straight into Cipro treatment. I am SOOOOOOO excited! My clowns will LOVE the new addition too.

20200308_083533 by Lyle Southard, on Flickr

OP
OP
lpsouth1978

lpsouth1978

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK, so I got the nem on Saturday and immediately placed it in QT and started dosing cipro. This thing is awesome and I really look forward to getting it in my DT, however, there is a problem. I seriously underestimated the size of this nem. I have a couple of 12" haddoni in the tank already and this thing makes them look like mushrooms. It completely fills the QT from side to side (except the small area behind the egg crate to protect it from pumps and heater) and all the way to the water surface.

The way I see it, I have 2 options:

1. Put it in the tank - this would require moving most corals from almost half the tank and placing them somewhere else. Maybe even getting rid of a few.

2. Try to sell it locally.

What would you all do if it was your dilemma?

20200316_115636 by Lyle Southard, on Flickr

D-Nak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow. that's a nice anemone, and an equally nice dilemma to be in. ;)

My decision would be based on what color this anemone turns out to be, and what color haddoni I already have. If this one darkens into a nice blue or purple, I'd probably keep it (assuming I don't have those colors) but if it stays pale, I'd probably sell it.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Good price - nice nem
They are sticky and Do sting anything around them

MrsBugmaster

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How big is your DT? I would keep it if your DT is big enough, even if you had to get rid of other corals. This is a nice showpiece!

OP
OP
lpsouth1978

lpsouth1978

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This was/is going into my 75g. I just got the 75 running and transferred my 40b into it. The tank has 3 haddoni in it already, all green with one being neon.

I wish that option 3 was an option, but it appears that as of Monday I will be one of those with no job to go to until this COVID-19 thing blows over. Money is now a scarcity, so another tank is not possible right now.

chizerbunoi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would just keep it in the tank with the other 3 Haddoni. They will make room for each other. But if you need the funds, sell it as we are in for a long haul.

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is gorgeous!!! It will be the color they showed. My nems I have gotten from them have been spot on in color. A Malu and a Haddoni. Keep it!!!! If need by, sell one of the other haddonis. Honestly, that is a steal.

If it comes down to you selling it, you can sell for much more than you purchased. Get some of that green you need.

OP
OP
lpsouth1978

lpsouth1978

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finished Cipro with the new nem and got it in the tank today. If attached to the bottom glass and opened up even bigger than EVER. This thing is massive! I had to move most of the corals on that half of the tank, even gave a couple to my nephew because I just had nowhere to put them.

The Spotcinctus clowns immediately took to it and it is now the sleeping place of the large female. Unfortunately, my clowns have not paired up, though the male tries religiously. Ultimately, she sleeps in the mansion and he sleeps in the shack (the smallest of the haddoni). Also, sorry for the bad pic!

2020-03-21_10-32-19 by Lyle Southard, on Flickr

gfox

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great looking Nem.Good choice of keeping the Nem.I to would move or sell corals to have that Nem.

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That looks amazing. I feel you, currently my female clarkii is taking over the large malu and the male is stuck in the baby malu. Maybe they will get together one day. For my haddonis, I have 5 saddlebacks that are currently doing great among the 3.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 66 30.8%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 59 27.6%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 44 20.6%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 43 20.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 0.9%
Back