I got banned from reef-central!

modifyd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got banned from RC for a joke that the moderator just didn't like, get or understand my humor! My q's here is would I be banned for humor that you didn't like(non offensive)? The kicker is it was in the local(east TN) area and the moderator is from Long Island, NY. Why in the world don't we have a local moderator? I emailed him and recieved a response so I'm trying to get my account back but it's up to him(dgenr8). Ok rant over:crossedlips:
I'm lucky we have a local club on reef2reef as it's got lots of info and help.

Blackhawk Fan

Jedi Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Larry is probably one of the best guys over there. Supposedly they discuss it with the other mods before they ban anyone, so it wasn't just him that didn't like it.

ironman

CRC Whipping Boy (round 2)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We definatly dont want to start the typical ReefCentral bash here at R2R. Im sure that they will reinstate your priveledges once you have explained yourself. Usually the policy is ban first ask questions later, there is no innocent until proven guilty there! LOL!

However since the subject was asked: Why arnt the East Tennessee guys moving here? Randy if you are reading along, whats the draw for yall? We have a great site here and much more freedom (as long as david is getting his cut $)

OP
OP
M

modifyd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I explained my side but no verdict yet, I think it's one of the "we already made our decision so tuff" things.
As far as why the local knox reefers don't use reer2reef, I just don't get it either it just seems better over here. I felt that way before the RC ban, the only problem is trying to get the knox locals to switch.

gparr

Waterbox Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
R2R moderators discuss any situation before banning a member. We have no desire to ban anyone without being absolutely sure a step that extreme is warranted.

We're glad to have you here, but do ask that you not allow this thread to deteriorate into a RC bashing.

Thanks and enjoy participating at Reef2Reef.

Gary

bamachamp92

WIL E. COYOTE SUPERGENIUS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Gary, we would stop it before it got to that. There is a lot of information that people need from reefcentral, but this site is a lot more laid back about a lot of stuff. I think most of us use both sites, but for a local forum seems like the freedom would be preferred. Just my opinion.

OP
OP
M

modifyd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope I didn't come across as bashing reef central and if I did I apologize as that was not my intent. My complaint was about, what I thought was an unfair decision made about me with out my input. A warning about my joke might have been in order or a short suspension if you need to be that strict.

gparr

Waterbox Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Didn't view it as RC bashing. Just putting the caution in place so the thread wouldn't go there. No worries.
Gary

OP
OP
M

modifyd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was on a forsale thread and I mentioned if only my wife would understand and then said trade you a mac mini. I guess you had to be there.

DvvnXY18qs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
bad boy... somehow I was banned for spamming...... I never even posted!... they let me back in though

Weetabix7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was on my F/S thread, I am SOOO sorry about that!!!
I feel really bad.
I don't want this to turn into an RC bashing thread either, totally not my intent, but their reaction really was way over the top.
I was trying to sell a Vortech MP20 btw, anyone want one?
Uh-ohs, please don't ban me for mentioning that on a non-Classified thread!

OP
OP
M

modifyd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm sorry about your thread becoming highjacked. I had no idea my post would cause this much trouble.

It was on my F/S thread, I am SOOO sorry about that!!!
I feel really bad.
I don't want this to turn into an RC bashing thread either, totally not my intent, but their reaction really was way over the top.
I was trying to sell a Vortech MP20 btw, anyone want one?
Uh-ohs, please don't ban me for mentioning that on a non-Classified thread!

poolkeeper1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What ever happened to Freedom of speech, Seems to me the only things that should be off base Is foul language or personal attacks on someone. What Is everyone afraid
of what someone say's for, I thought we were supposed to be better than that!!

GPhiAce

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All of you ETRC guys should move over here.

We talk about it from time to time- and other things. Can we have both??? I think we all use both sites anyway. I have been coming over here more often lately. And lurking in the CRC forum.

I'm sorry about your thread becoming highjacked.

That's what we ETRC folks do-- how else do you get 1000+ posts. Every thread over there is subjected to being highjacked at some point or another. Mel, Randy and Joel are relentless, but it is fun.

Speaking of CRC, any of you have Chong Bongs???????

bamachamp92

WIL E. COYOTE SUPERGENIUS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im sure you can have both Paul, a lot of people use both. The main reason I go to RC is when we have swaps some people are on RC and some people are on R2R.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 31.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.9%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 19.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 25.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back