I have an idea need some feedback

ghostmantank

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have 2 tanks right now (soon to be 3) and I think I want to move all the fish from my smaller tank to my bigger tank. The small tank is an aquatop 24 gallon AIO and the bigger tank is the one in my build thread Red Sea Reefer 350. So I think I want to turn my 24 into a seahorse tank or something different (open to ideas on this also) so to do this I would need to move the fish below are the stock list:

24 Gallon
2 ocellaris Clowns
1 Green Chromis
1 two spot goby (this could stay because I don't think it would bother the seahorses)
1 cleaner shrimp
There is a BTA, carpet and rockflower anemone
I would also move the coral from this tank

Reefer 350
1 onspot foxface rabbit fish
1 leopard wrasse
1 Melanurus Wrasse
1 Linespot Flasher Wrasse
1 Flame angle
1 Kaudern's Cardinalfish
1 SMALL powder blue tang
2 tomato clowns (this is where I think the problem will come in)
1 cleaner shrimp
1 pistol shrimp
1 watchman goby (hangs out with the pistol shrimp almost never comes out)
No coral has been added to this the only thing on the rock work is one pretty good size BTA

So I don't see any issues with adding the Chrimis into the bigger tank at all it should be fine. So the two I am worried about is the ocellaris clowns mixing with the tomato clowns but I was thinking I have a big BTA on one side of the tank so I would put the one from the smaller tank on the other side and maybe they would setup up home on opposite sides? With that neither of the clownfish pairs have host an anemone yet which is weird but I think it will happen in time. The other issue is moving the the two spot goby not sure if it will get along with the watchman goby but I never really see the watchman so I don't think that would be a real issue. I do want to add maybe one or two more fish to the tank like a naso tang or kohl tang.

If someone has experience or advise for this please let me know. Now that the reefer 350 is up and running it just seems weird to have the two tanks next to each other I feel like I should do a seahorse (or something) else with the smaller tank or maybe just sell it off to someone that wants to get into the hobby.

Lineatus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s honestly up to you. It has worked for people in the past but it is a big risk. only thing you can do is introduce them during lights off and on the other side of the tank. It’s kind of just a coin toss imo

Lineatus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not to be the barer of bad news yet again but I would really not recommend a naso in a reefer 350 (which is four feet to my knowledge?). I wouldn’t recommend such a fish even in a six foot tank.

OP
OP
ghostmantank

ghostmantank

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not to be the barer of bad news yet again but I would really not recommend a naso in a reefer 350 (which is four feet to my knowledge?). I wouldn’t recommend such a fish even in a six foot tank.
With that I am going to be building out a 300 gallon in my living room in about 4 months so if I was going to get a naso it would be a very small one and would be short lived in the 350 till the 300 was done. I really would only get the naso if I seen one that was a baby and was a good deal other than that I would wait till my 300 is ready. I think I will be adding a kolh tang if I find one in stock but I am pretty sure I will not add a naso I will just wait till the 300.

OP
OP
ghostmantank

ghostmantank

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So with the current stock list do you think a 350 is ok to have a kolh tang and maybe a couple more fish? Any ideas of something cool to add based on what I have so far?

1 onspot foxface rabbit fish
1 leopard wrasse
1 Melanurus Wrasse
1 Linespot Flasher Wrasse
1 Flame angle
1 Kaudern's Cardinalfish
1 SMALL powder blue tang
2 tomato clowns
1 cleaner shrimp
1 pistol shrimp
1 watchman goby

czoolander

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you considered any smaller tangs ?

Tomini Tang
Purple Tang
Yellow eye Kole tang
yellow tang
Scopas tang

All those will do well and can grow out in your reefer 350 :)

OP
OP
ghostmantank

ghostmantank

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you considered any smaller tangs ?

Tomini Tang
Purple Tang
Yellow eye Kole tang
yellow tang
Scopas tang

All those will do well and can grow out in your reefer 350 :)
I do like the yellow eye, scopas and yellow tang just haven't been able to find those anywhere I will look at the tomini and the purple. I would love to just get a couple more in the tank then start adding corals I think like 2 more and it will be stocked good on fish

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 37.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 66 34.0%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 12.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back