Ich Treatment Recommendation

Coral Winslow

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Reefers,

So on July 6th I noticed my one clown had a dozen ich spots pop up overnight (bought a complete reef setup with 3 clowns and coral etc in May) on July 7th they got moved to Quarantine dosing Cupramine. I have been monitoring closely to ensure the recommended copper level among all other tank parameters, changing the water every three days and redosing to maintain appropriate levels. I am letting the main display run fishless until Halloween to kill any ich in the tank. All was well until today. I’m noticing the clowns are flashing again and doing the twitchy thing. Should I just continue to use Cupramine or I also have Paraguard??? I was planning on stripping the copper with carbon then doing a round of paraguard then a round of Prazipro before returning them to the tank anyway. Thoughts please???

Pistondog

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Reefers,

So on July 6th I noticed my one clown had a dozen ich spots pop up overnight (bought a complete reef setup with 3 clowns and coral etc in May) on July 7th they got moved to Quarantine dosing Cupramine. I have been monitoring closely to ensure the recommended copper level among all other tank parameters, changing the water every three days and redosing to maintain appropriate levels. I am letting the main display run fishless until Halloween to kill any ich in the tank. All was well until today. I’m noticing the clowns are flashing again and doing the twitchy thing. Should I just continue to use Cupramine or I also have Paraguard??? I was planning on stripping the copper with carbon then doing a round of paraguard then a round of Prazipro before returning them to the tank anyway. Thoughts please???
We used erythromycin 18 months ago successfully.
In the tank, no qt.

OP
OP
Coral Winslow

Coral Winslow

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We used erythromycin 18 months ago successfully.
In the tank, no qt.
I appreciate the reply I will look into that as well. Seeing as I already have them in quarantine I’m just looking for experiences with Cupramine or Paragaurd and if I just need to continue what I am doing or change it up. Thanks again.

Pistondog

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was it a reef tank
Almost?
no lps or sps, but ricordeas, nems and xenia and other softies, cuc, pods. Tank was only 6 months old, now 2 years later no ich since then.
I think we lost 1 fish to the ich, out of many infected.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back