OP
bakbay

bakbay

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agree with above you've got a lot of fish in that cube and although you mentioned no aggression, stress is imminent and aggression is inherent.
I'm sure it's feeling something, thus spots, etc.
I have 4 tanks - lol. Powder brown is in my 175g with plenty of room — he’s actually the boss in this tank!

00W

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 4 tanks - lol. Powder brown is in my 175g with plenty of room — he’s actually the boss in this tank!
That would make a huge difference then. I only saw your cube on your showcase my bad.
Keep us updated.

OP
OP
bakbay

bakbay

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That would make a huge difference then. I only saw your cube on your showcase my bad.
Keep us updated.
I was planning to catch the ginormous sailfin and possibly the naso from the SPS cube and rehome to the 175g. However, given where I’m at, this plan will take a backseat.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
It’s entirely possible that it’s fluke and not ich? I saw lots of tiny dots/protrusions on the body, it’s not white though. Will try to get some pics for better diagnostics.

Thanks everyone - much appreciated
Flukes usually not seen by naked eye other than neobendendia and even they too rarely seen. Flukes have entirely different symptoms

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Sailfin Tang lovers here, pics please
Debra
660g 3.30h.jpg

OP
OP
bakbay

bakbay

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sailfin Tang lovers here, pics please
Debra
I’m actually a tang lover! Ha

Some shots of the sailfin. I have two but the one in the SPS cube is massive!

Attachments

• IMG_6431.jpeg
    IMG_6431.jpeg
    221.2 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_5719.jpeg
    IMG_5719.jpeg
    200.2 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_5881.jpeg
    IMG_5881.jpeg
    261 KB · Views: 29
OP
OP
bakbay

bakbay

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, how wonderful, 4 tanks. If you don’t mind me asking, are they in the living room? I couldn’t take myself away from such beauties!
Debra
The SPS cube is in the kitchen and the other 3 tanks (+QT) are in the “fish room” / garage area / man cave. My family members don’t see me much except during dinner time! lol

Mikeltee

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Fish trap set — oh so painful (again)

I had this Powder Brown for 1.5yrs with no issues. He was a bully in another tank hence I moved him here a month ago.

Going fallow or QT all fish is not preferred though. I’m already running a 57w UV so hope to contain the spread. My hope is to get him out quickly before he infest others.

Other ideas?
There is only one idea... qt all of the fish and qt every new fish you get. Petco has 50% off tanks. Go buy a few 20gal. You other options is to keep dealing with it.

ErikVR

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I absolutely love these fish but if you ask me, they are near impossible to keep. I learned that the hard way.

Mikeltee

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I absolutely love these fish but if you ask me, they are near impossible to keep. I learned that the hard way.
It's actually quite simple. Take the proper precautions, be patient, and you can maintain a tank in 30 minutes every other week. Or you can rush into everything, kill a bunch of animals, complain online and sell all your stuff a few months later for pennies on the dollar.

ErikVR

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's actually quite simple. Take the proper precautions, be patient, and you can maintain a tank in 30 minutes every other week. Or you can rush into everything, kill a bunch of animals, complain online and sell all your stuff a few months later for pennies on the dollar.
Well hello there mister judgemental. You must be fun at parties!

Lbrdsoxfan

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in the ich magnet club with PBT's. That fish shot me in the foot after trying multiple QT attempts with them. I single handedly run both tanks @ ich management now (due to them) and livestock aren't dropping dead as some say they will.

If you've been doing this long enough many of us plopped and prayed for years and did (do) just fine, it's all about sourcing livestock from a relatively good source in the first place anymore.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 36 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 29 12.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 132 58.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 7.0%
Back